Local Roon Library but SACD/CDs are out of print

Interesting. The site say it runs on ARM based Macs and it works on my M1. On the XLD version history shows it was last updated today, so the developer is continuing to support it. It is donationware and I’ve sent the developer a few $ to help keep the lights on. I hope they continue to update it for compatibility with the new OS.

What software are you guys using to edit the Meta Data ?

I ripped the Bob Dylan CDs with the album name. But I would like to find them in Roon if I search “mono recordings” , so I edited the album’s in Roon and it works. But from what I understand Roon does not do anything to the meta data in the files itself.

Should I just purchase perfect tunes as bundle with DBPoweramp or is there a free alternative?

I use dbpoweramp for ripping and converting. But I use mp3tag (free) for editing metadata. Very powerful and flexible. (and handles almost any type of file, not just mp3).

2 Likes

I use exactly the same setup as Gary and highly recommend both

2 Likes

Thanks @Michael_Harris & and everyone else that has been so helpful.

Really enjoying the Bob Dylan mono-recordings. Feel like this will send me down another rabbit hole.

Since I have Oh! Mercy as DSD files I will try to get “Desire” as DSD files as well . But I quess that one is only available as SACD.

Is the rolling thunder revenue Boxset worth getting? So far I have only been listening to CD number 5 that is on qobuz.

John Wesley Harding Remastered ,
Nashville skyline Remastered,
highway 61 revisited Remastered,
infidel’s Remastered would be available as Stereo DSD.

Are any of these worth purchasing compared to what’s on qobuz and the mono Boxset?

1 Like

https://2manyrobots.com/yate/

Free trial. I can attest to great support and responsiveness of the developer. An excellent product.

I don’t want to listen to the mono versions, as I would then probably have to replace too many CDs :joy:

The Boxset was cheap. Amazon warehouse deal for 49€

1 Like

I have various mono sets from Dylan to Beatles to Kinks to Stones and various others. They all sound better to me than the stereo versions - more natural presentation.

2 Likes

I prefer mono LPs to Stereo. I ordered the ‘Blue Train’ RE mono version. If this keeps up, I see a new TT with a mono cart in my future.

To me, mono has greater fidelity.

2 Likes

Most of the sets are on streaming services so you can try them out.

So far I prefer the mono sets of Dylan and the stones to the stereo stuff on qobuz as well.

1 Like

Thinking I might send you a Neill Young Mono box set :rofl:

1 Like

Well it is nearly winter and firewood is expensive….

1 Like

Just testing the water… Don’t want you burning plastic after all :flushed:

1 Like

There is one?

1 Like

Pretty sure even that can’t help Young to sound acceptable to @garye :sunglasses:

2 Likes

AM radio on a single speaker in a car makes him sound best - less high frequency the better.

2 Likes

Dylan sounds great in stereo…and Neil Young is fantastic! Both are superlative artists!!

2 Likes

No Marc not that I am aware of.
It’s a little joke between Gary, Ace and myself :grin::+1:

1 Like