Local windows audio device disappeared

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

QNAP TVS-672N
Roon Server Latest build from QNAP app center

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)
UniFi Gateway pro, unifi usw switch and AP’s
All devices via ethernet except for my remote (iphone/ipad)

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Chord Qute dac connected via usb to computer running win8.1

Description Of Issue

My dac was hooked up via usb to a computer running win8.1
For the past many years, this computer has acted as my roon core without issues.
I recently purchased a qnap NAS and decided it was best to run the roon core on the NAS and just use the computer/dac combo as an endpoint.

So I unauthorized the computer as a core and reconnected to the new roon server (qnap).
After that unauthorizaion as a core, and connecting to the new core, my audio device disappeared.

From the computer the dac is plugged in to, roon shows network devices (tv and nvidia shield, both via chromecast), but not my local device audio device.

If I go into windows audio and select playback devices, my dac is listed. I can even select the “test” function under the options and it plays the test tone through my speakers, but it just won’t show up in roon audio devices.
I tried rebooting the computer and also uninstall/reinstall of the application.

Try turning off your firewall or antivirus and see if it shows up.

1 Like

Hi @robbbby,

Since you are using a Windows PC, I would verify that both Roon.exe and RAATServer.exe have been added as exceptions to your Windows firewall.

You can use these instructions to add the exceptions and the executables themselves would be located in your Database Location/Application folder path.

I would also add these exceptions to any Antivirus or other Firewall blocking applications you may have and ensure that you connected to your network via a Private network, not a Public one, see this guide for more information.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.