Locking up constantly

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

HP Envy with Intel Core i5

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Apple Tower Router

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

PS Audio Directstream

Description Of Issue
I am an early lifetime subscriber to Roon. I December the software would lock up twice a week. I noticed that the song tracker cursor at bottom would delay before starting. This would happen with either library cd’s or tidal. problem became progressively worse till I was unable to use it during an audiophile meeting at my house in January (show casing KEF Blades). I am an old engineering guy, underline old, and I was able to isolate the problem to Roon. Spotify plays flawlessly through the network. Roon also locks up with a sonos system also on the network. My wife wants roon back!! Help! Mark

Hi @Mark_DeWeirdt,

How large is your library? How many tracks/albums do you see listed in Overview?

Just so that you are aware, we have often seen issues surrounding Apple networking gear, often enough that we explicitly mention staying away from Apple networking gear in our Networking Best Practices Guide as it’s known to cause poor behavior in Roon.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.