Long gaps between tracks with different qualities/bitrates

You mean installing Roon e.g. on my MacBook Pro? I have never done that before…

1 Like

Yes, restore your database to it deactivate the Nucleus and see if you still get the pauses. Try with Qobuz as I imagine your music is on Nucleus storage? If it’s a usb drive then plug that in and just edit the storage path of existing watched folder. Or just ignore it and use Qobuz to determine if the issue is still the same. Use examples you have tested and got pauses on from Nucleus.

3 Likes

I’ll have to see if I can make that work. I’m a little afraid of making things worse.

@support, @benjamin - what are your thoughts?

Maybe start a new user, just for the trial, and install on MBP. If DSL line ok, and not working on MBP than must be the network. If MBP plays right, Nucleus.

2 Likes

Thank you @Traian_Boldea. Nice to have you, @grizaudio and @CrystalGipsy here with me.

EDIT: and @kim_hixson! :slight_smile:

1 Like

You wont make anything worse and it wont do anything to you nucleus. Just try it out and then unathorise it when done. You can turn off back up when testing on the mac core so it wont affect your backups. I switch cores when doing maintenance it doesn’t break anything.

3 Likes

Not really needed for this at all.

2 Likes

That is why you are not afraid. In that case I can say I’m happy with this community as we gather the knowledge

2 Likes

OK - I’ll check this out. Thanks guys!

It’s likely something support would ask you to do anyway as it will highlight if it’s a core issue or not if it behaves itself on the Mac.

1 Like

does ist only happen when songs with diffrent bit rate are in a playlist or does it also happen when you manually switch between tracks with different bit rates?

1 Like

In both cases - playlists and manual switching.

Agreed, its very easy to switch between machines.
I switch between machines, and OS’s regularly.

Just make sure your current server/rock is updated to the latest software.
Then make a backup.

Install Roon on the new PC, do all Roon updates first and then restore the backup.

2 Likes

Is there kind of a check list for the details? When do I have to de-authorize the Nucleus, do I have to shut it down then?

1 Like

Thank you @Axel_Lesch.

1 Like

I second this. As I have two NUC cores, I have to do it for maintenance regularly, no issues.

2 Likes

Just update your core if its not already, and then perform updates on new Roon install before loading database. This will prevent any issues.

1 Like

Oh, something I always do before deauthorizing, check again via the web interface that the Nucleus doesn’t have a static ip, but DHCP.

2 Likes

Important in my case, as it actually has a fixed IP…

2 Likes