Looking for a network streamer without a DAC (music streamer transport?)

Hi,

Sorry, bit of a newbie question here… I’m looking for a network device to play Roon from my NAS and output into a DAC. In old school years of CD players, it would have been a CD Transport I guess.

What’s the right ‘term’ for a network streamer without a DAC? Any good examples out there? Ideally something under $1000.

I’ve seen plenty of Rasberry Pi devices but after after something a bit more robust. I like the look of the Bluenode 2i but, that has a DAC already.

Thanks in advance!

Sonore microrendu and Sonore Ultrarendu are popular devices in the sub $1K class.
Ethernet in, USB out.
Roon Ready.

1 Like

And don’t be fooled by the Raspberry Pi devices. Mine is a real tank, totally care-free. Sits on my network giving SPDIF out to a Devialet Phantom.
The other great thing about @rrwwss52’s suggestion is that Andrew Gillis of Small Green Computer (the retailer) and @Jesus_Rodriguez (founder of Sonore) are real class acts. They will give you excellent support and are active on the forum.

2 Likes

SOtM also have options sms 200 200 neo and neo ultra

Lumin also have the u1 mini

Lindemann Lime Tree Bridge

Pro-ject Stream Box S2 Ultra

I have three of these little boxes and they work great either via Ethernet or Wi-Fi. Plus they are “Roon Ready”
Often available at a discount.

Lindemann Limetree Bridge II.

And the device type is correctly called “audio renderer”.