Looking for a streaming preamplifier

I’m looking for something similar and am considering the Lindeman Musicbook Source II. It is Roon Ready, has an analogue volume control, and a phono stage. It does not have USB input for a DAC (only for external CD players), but that isn’t a dealbreaker for me. But I’ve only seen a handful of reviews and there’s only one US distributor (nowhere near me).

https://lindemann-audio.de/products/musicbook-series/musicbook-source/?lang=en

Your totally wrong.

Apology i should have pointed to the post above, the omnia. My mistake.

Not roon ready. Pitiful network capabilities.

I was reading that last week for the Audiolab and also on Darko’s podcast.
A good amp with poor streaming capabilities.

I like the look of the Evo and a few others in that sector though, especially the Lyngdorf TDAI-1120

They are not premap though which is what the op is after it’s an all in one.

I am also looking at a preamp. I was leaning toward the NAD C658. Reasoning:

Hi Quality DAC
DIRAC room correction
Alexa enabled which works with Roon to: pause, replay, volume up/down, mute room
Bluos is a good back up when Roon goes down (my other endpoints are Bluesound)

1 Like

Maybe another contender:

https://www.oktoresearch.com/dac8stereo.htm

Then you loose any analog inputs though…

Good luck in choosing!

Exactly the reasoning I had for buying one a while back. Never regretted it either with active speakers.

KEF LS50 wireless….that way…the amp, preamp, DAC, streaming, and great speakers are all in the box. Throw your other stuff out…it’s Roon ready

Like his turntable and vinyl?

Yeah if the LSW 2 had kept analog inputs, so that one can connect a preamp, I would have taken this route. It’s too bad they replaced them with a 3.5 jack :no_mouth:

Or a somewhat bigger version

1 Like

I second the Matrix Audio Mini I-Pro 3. it’s awesome for streaming Roon and the analogue input is perfect for a TT (i also use one). The dynamic range of the ADC is more than enough for vinyl and the dynamic range of the DAC is top class. I’m using it as a pre-amp before a Hypex nCore amp. Pre-amp is really good!

Also good pricepoint :grimacing:

1 Like

Their claims are very interesting for those with enough funds

+1 vote for the Matrix Audio Mini I-Pro 3. Great piece of kit running onto my Genelec active monitors for my SoHo desktop setup.

But no analogue volume control unfortunately . Maybe I need to reevaluate this criteria

1 Like

Digital volume can be better than analogue…