Looking for a streaming preamplifier

I use Bricasti M12. Streaming bridge, DAC, and analog inputs for TT and analog volume control

I am on the hunt for a Streaming Pre amp with DAC and have been looking at the NAD M33, Simaudio Moon 390 and the Lumin P1, anyone who have compared these sound wise?
Nad M33 is a nice all in one package but is limited to the 24/192 if that matters but as I have an Benchmark AHB2 I am thinking either the Lumin P1 or the Moon 390 would be a good complement, my only issue I can see is that on the Lumin P1 the manuak states “HDMI is not suitable for digital audio” , does this means i cannot e.g. attached a roon ROCK to the Lumin P1 and play direct via HDMI and would have to use USB instead, also would HDMI work with playing SACD from an OPP BDP95 without beeing downsampled to 24/192 ? Anybody who could enlighten me?

Use network, which is better than USB, which in turn is much better than HDMI.

Probably won’t work. Edit: To add more technical explanation: in case Oppo can ignore the EDID (this chance is very slim) from HDMI and output DSD over HDMI anyway, then P1 can play the DSD from HDMI. This complexity arises because the EDID comes from the TV (if the TV is connected) and passed to the HDMI input, so that 4K HDR HDMI passthrough can work. However, since the TV does not accept DSD, its EDID will state that it does not support DSD and in this case P1 will present the EDID as not supporting DSD although it is capable of playing it.

We actually tried to test it due to your inquiry, but unfortunately we discovered that the old Oppo unit we have no longer works.

Thankn you Peter :pray:

Post edited.

Thanks Peter,

Thinking out load, if Oppo player is set to PCM only and stereo downmix, would that make a difference?
Also this is probably an Oppo question that I need to go back and read the fine print in the manual if oppo can send sound out via xlr and picture via HDMI same time problem solved?..assume this might not be possible, but would like to be able to listen to my SACD and DVD Audio and some Blue Ray music so would be of interest to see if this would work…

You will be able to hear music this way, but SACD DSD will be converted to PCM and probably further downsampled by the Oppo player, depending on the TV EDID.