Sky Q router
Ethernet to core

Connected Audio Devices

Kef LS50w 1 via wi-fi

Number of Tracks in Library

Small library 3500 tracks on Mac mini
Tidal stream

Description of Issue

Using iPad as remote to connect to core roon loses connection to audio device (LS50w) within 30 seconds of play. Repeat process and drop out continues. Never had this issue before. Roon and Mac OS all up to date.

This seems like a WiFi issue. As the Mac running the Core is cabled to your router, how is your Sky router configured? Does it have both 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz bands available to you?

Hi Robert, apparently I do have 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz available. A little more information for you, yesterday I was able to stream Tidal to KEF without any issues. I’m a bit of a Luddite when it comes to tech so may be missing something obvious.

Hi Kevin. Roon puts a bit more strain on your local network, especially wireless, than other services, so let’s start there.

Since your Sky router offers both 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz WiFi bands, is it possible to create a separate 2.4 GHz network and a separate 5 GHz network? This typically involves creating separate SSIDs for them, but not all routers allow this. The reason I’m asking is that the 2.4 GHz WiFi band is smaller and more crowded, and given Roon’s network requirements, Roon typically works best with 5 GHz WiFi solutions.

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.