Losing connection since build 1202 was installed

Roon Core Machine

Lenovo ThinkCentre M720 Tiny (10T700AHMH,8Gb - i5-9400T)

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Ethernet - Synology DS118+ - Lynksys switch)

Connected Audio Devices

Windows 11 Pro on Terra laptop i5-1135G7 16GB
Hifiman EF400
Synology local lib or Qobuz

Number of Tracks in Library

about 30.000 i guess - 1717 albums

Description of Issue

I got dropouts during playing sometimes very short, sometimes quite long 20-30 seconds. It seems there is no connection to the core during that time. Noticed this only after the latest update. 2.0 build 1202

Oké, it seems I’ve found the problem. My core (running on Pop OS! latest version) had Bluetooth turned on (I can’t remember doing that :thinking: ) After switching that off and log out, problem seems solved.

Hmmm. I THOUGHT I’d solved it but that it has come back. I keep losing connection as described in first post. Has anybody an idea how to solve this?

Make sure your core uses the same IP address–IP address reservation in the router–and you’re using a reliable DNS service such as Google or Cloudflare.

Furthermore, please confirm if the dropouts occur with streaming or local (NAS) recordings.

It occurs on both local (Synology NAS) and Qobuz streaming. About the IP address… I did not change a thing and why should I bother about a DNS service when working on a local network?

Just try, it may solve the issue.

Seems to be solved. I have just looked at the IP settings in the router, did not change a thing. There was a system update on my NUC though, maybe that did the trick… :thinking:

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.