Losing connection to ROCK NUC core and drop outs

Roon Core Machine

ROCK NUC8i5 with 8GB RAM and 128GB M.2 SSD Internal 4TB SSB External USB HDD 2TB

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Netgear R7000 router, TP-Link switch and Melco S100 switch - ethernet

Connected Audio Devices

Linn Klimax DSM
Roon ROCK NUC 5i3 8GB RAM 256GB M.2 SSD for HDMI out multi-channel audio
Linn Kiko

Number of Tracks in Library

37,000 stereo, 5,000 multi-channel

Description of Issue

When using the NUC5i3 as an endpoint, I often have momentary drop outs sometimes resulting in loss of the connection to the core and sound for a couple of minutes. See photos. When connection to core is restored the playback had to be restarted manually. This occurs randomly - sometimes everything is ok, then it can happen several times in one track.

Yet when playing stereo files on Linn Klimax DSM everything works fine

Are the linn and the nuc on the same switch?

Yes, at present. I’ve also attached it to another switch near the router. Same issue occurs with both positions.

From time to time I experience a similar issue. The rock core running on my NUC was very stable until a couple of weeks ago. There is no wifi involved, all is connected over wired network. I think it started after the last update to release 943…

Hi @Newton_John ,

When this issue occurs, do you also notice RoonServer restart on the Web UI? We are looking into an issue where Linn devices can cause issues on RoonOS devices at the present time, if your RoonServer looks like it is restarting when you notice the connection drop, it is possible that it is the same issue as the one we are investigating.

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.