Loss of Connection to Roon Server on iOS App when Battery Save Mode Activated (ref#A9FV0U)

Full form submission

Is Roon Server running?

· Yes, Roon Server is turned on and running.

What do you see on your screen?

· I see something else

When you try to connect, what screen do you see?

· I see something else

Describe the issue

On roon iOS app (2.0 build 1398, roon Server linux ubuntu 2.0 build 1401) the connection to the roon Server is lost when iOS battery save modus is activated and when screen save has been enabled. Returning to the open roon iOS app connection to roon server seems to be there but all actions do have no response on the roon server side. Only restarting the roon iOS app is establishing a working connection to the roon server. This effect is not present if iOS battery save modus is disabled. Other iOS apps for media (Music, B&O, sonos) etc. does not see this effect. (iOS 17.4.1, iPhone 12 Pro).

Describe your network setup

router/firewall = OpenSense on server hardware, 10Gb WAN; Switches = Unifi 10Gb, 1Gb; Wifi-AP = Unifi 1Gb ethernet, Wifi 5G, no Wifi range extenders; Roon Server = Linux ubuntu VM on server hardware 6vCPUs, SSD, 10Gb to switches

Hello @Andre_Muller ,

Thanks for your report here. I tried to reproduce the issue on my end, but my Roon app is working correctly even with low battery mode enabled/disabled on my iPhone 14 Pro and opening from lock screen.

How are you enabling screen saver? Are you doing anything specific to trigger the screen saver? Are you locking the phone when in the Home menu or on another app?

Hello @noris

We do not use FaceID nor TouchID nor Code to secure screen saver on our iPhone. Screen saver is activated by paused user interaction.