Lossless connection to Marantz NA 6006

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
ADell XPS 13 Windows 10 Core.

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)
Ethernet to Raspberry Pi, USB out Connection to LAN and LAN into Marantz.

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Description Of Issue
I can’t connect Network player Marantz NA 6006 via Roon Bridge (Rapsberry Pi) to achieve lossless Connection.

There is no visible device in Network if I open Roon Setup Audio.

It is only Connection via Airplay possible with well known data reduction.

Would you help me how to connect?

Hi @Marian_Kukucka,

Can you confirm how the Raspberry is set up? Are you able to see if if you connect it to a different device? Have you tried rebooting it and the Core machine?

Can you explain this further? What is the USB out of the Pi connected to? AFAIK your Marantz only has a USB input for connecting storage devices and not for playing music. If that’s the case then you will need to connect the Pi to your Marantz using the optical input.

You are probabll wright, how can I Transfer usb to optical Input ? Is there any connector ?
Thank you so much for your support

Add one of these to your Pi.

https://www.hifiberry.com/products/digiplus/

Thank you from Berlin, I’ve ordered all necessary part and I’m sure to be successfull with the instalation.
M

Hi,
I’ve set up hifiberry and it is running now with Marantz NA6006 via optical connection. On roon the lossless connection is noticed. Sound is well. On Marantz display I can read “optical 44.2 kHz”. What do you think is it lossles or is there any reduction because of optical connection between Rapsberry and Marantz DAC.
Marian

What does your signal path show?

See this for more details on signal path.

https://kb.roonlabs.com/Signal_Path

Hi,
now I‘ve proofed it again and everything is running optimal. I was wrong, it was dependend just from recording. If my my recording is 176,4 kHz it is the same on Marantz.
So thank you again !!!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.