Lossless vs Enhanced Signal Path (while using Crossfade)

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Innuos Mini Zen MK3

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Ethernet connection

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)
Musical Fidelity M6siDAC connected to Innuos Mini ZEN MK3 (core) via usb which in turn is connected to my integrated amplifier Musical Fidelity NuVista 800 with a balanced connection.

Description Of Issue

I mainly play music through Tidal (Masters subscription). The crossfading is a function that I need for sure, does it have any effect on the quality of the music played? I ask this because even though I have no DSP function on, whenever I use Crossfade Time ( let’s say 4 seconds) I get an “Enhanced” Signal Path, instead of “Lossless” that I always get when I switch Crossfade Time to 0. When I switch on DSP volume I get a “High Quality” Signal Path ceteris paribus

I think, if you’re doing anything to fool with the signal in Roon, it is no longer considered lossless. Do what sounds best to you with your system.

Hi @ATHANASIOS_BOULOUKO1,

Seeing “Enhanced” should not be worrying, it means that you are requesting Roon to perform some DSP on the stream, and this enhancing it, more information in our Knowledge Base:

Hi,
Suppose I do only crossfade, nothing else, will crossfade affect the whole song or only the overlap? Outside the overlapping period Roon could as well copy bit-perfect all the rest of the song to stay as true as possible. Is that the case? That would be cool. I understand that DSP and volume changes affect the whole song but crossfade does not really ask for affecting a song in the middle (outside the crossfade period). Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.