Lost Bridge 2 in Roon

Confirmed by my wife’s golden ears: the Leedh adds a bit of magic. A very small and subtle improvement, but an improvement nonetheless.

A question for you, Peter. Are you planning to add Leedh up sampling to the U1 as well ? It sounds promising …

1 Like

We only have Leedh Processing Volume. For Leedh Upsampling, I know it exists but I do not have the details (that would be incur additional license costs) and we currently have no plan for it. You’re probably the first user that asked me about it, if I remember correctly. It’s probably irrelevant to your setup anyway since your DAC converts everthing to DSD.

Any progress on getting Bridge II to be seen?

I gave up on Bridge 2, no worries because the Lumin U1 is much better anyway.

About Leedh, given that the volume control is really good, and after reading the information on your website, I thought Leedh upsampling might be a winner.
But I understand it is business decision for Lumin, because of the additional license costs.
And I have not heard it, so I have no idea how good it is …

@Philippe I read your report in the other thread that you found no difference between 99 (-0.5dB) and 94 (-3dB). I’d like to add that if the intersample over hypothesis (although dismissed) is true, you’d have different results for different recordings, i.e. when you listen to another recording with more than 0.5dB intersample overs.

The coincidence of volume 94 in my suggestion and Ted Smith’s may probably not be a coincidence, as I assume he’s suggested -3dB as I did, since his volume step is also 0.5dB if I’m not mistaken. This value is significant from the Benchmark note in the link I posted above, in that this attenuation should be sufficient for the majority of recordings. Chord DAVE also has a fixed output at -3dB.

1 Like

Thank Peter, I turned the U1 down to 94. It sounds as good as 99, and like you said, it might help for some records.

@support , if I wanted to uninstall and reinstall Roon as suggested above, how would I do it ?
As a reminder, the issue is that my ps audio bridge 2 has disappeared in the Roon audio settings.
I have a life subscription and a Nucleus +.

If it’s tricky, I have a plan b, which is to use mcontrolHD for the bridge, and Roon for my Lumin. I would rather do that then create bigger problems …

See if this helps:

You can generate a new RAATServer instance on your device by following these instructions, but please be aware that this will reset your Roon Settings -> Audio Tab to factory settings and I would advise making a backup of any custom DSP settings you have:

• Create a Backup of your current Roon database
  • Exit out of Roon
  • Navigate to your Roon’s Database Location (under Data folder on the NUC)
  • Find the folder that says “RAATServer”
  • Rename the “RAATServer” folder to “RAATServer_old”
  • Restart the Roon App to generate a new RAATServer folder
1 Like

Thanks Peter for your help.

Does that procedure fix the missing Bridge II issue for you? Have you tried assigning Bridge II a static IP address?

Hi Peter,

I have not tried yet, I am also checking with Roon support.

I do have a question for you, however. As you know, I like Leedh with PCM files. But less so with DSD files, even when doing the conversion to PCM in Roon. Is there a way to apply Leedh only to PCM and not to DSD files ?

I’m afraid no.