Lost connection to Linn Streaming (Klimax DS/2)

This article states that Orbi has an option of “Disable IGMP Proxying”:
https://kb.roonlabs.com/Networking_Best_Practices

Could you check again and see whether this setting is unavailable in your Orbi?

I guess that you do not own the Netgear Orbi, that article may be outdated or incorrect - there is no such option in the settings of the Netgear Orbi.

In my own experience, Linn streamers are very fussy with respect to network infrastructure. Frustratingly, and disappointingly so.

In my own experience, Linn DS’s don’t like power line adapters, or WiFi mesh etc.

My KDS/3 refused to work properly when it was initially directly connected to my ASUS RT-N66U (unlike my Lumin streamers), and I had to insert a NETGEAR GS108 switch in-between the router and the KDS for it to work properly.

I don’t think Linn streamers are easy to set-up, and are very fussy with respect to networks. To be fair to Linn, it does say on the side of the box ‘Must be installed by a Linn dealer’!

If you understand all about the multicast discovery, then you would understand the problem - Linn or non-Linn streams all work in the same way.

Note that it is just about the streamers, not the a DAC that is connected from a PC or a Mac machine via USB cable, Toslink or SPDIF coaxial cable.

You’re right I don’t own the Orbi. I downloaded Netgear web Orbi documentation and it really states there is an option of “Disable IGMP Proxying” on page 64 under ADVANCED -> Setup -> WAN Setup:

Nope, this must be specially made for the BT in the UK. I am in the US, google is your friend in the US.

For good reason in my experience. Anyway, the dealer’s services come free with new Linn gear — they better do, for the price :wink:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.