Lost connection to my Cambridge Audio streamer

I was getting “Roon lost control over the audio device” messages. Rebooted everything. Got control over a Sonos speaker and a group connected via Airplay, but not over my main listening system connected via a Cambridge CNX v2 streamer. No idea what to do at this point. I’ve turned off the streamer, rebooted the router, quit Roon on all devices. What do I do?

Misha, sorry to hear about your issues. Are you able to fill in more details below so we may be able to assist you:

Describe Your Setup

It’s important that you include all relevant setup information so our team can get a clear understanding of the issue.

Your post should include:

• Details on your Core machine (OS, Hardware specs, Roon build)
  • Details on your Remote(s) (OS, Hardware specs, Roon build)
  • Networking details (especially what hardware you’re using, how everything is connected, and anything notable about how it’s all configured)
  • Audio devices in use
  • Library details (where your music is stored, whether you’re using a streaming service, how many tracks are in your library)
2 Likes

Following on from @Robert_F’s great reply … I moved this topic over to #support so the Roon guys see it.

1 Like

Thanks for the quick reply. Right now, it looks like an Apple update to the Mac mini might have caused the problem. Roon has control again but I am unable to connect my Cambridge Audio streamer. Simply not being seen on the network.

Is there no way on this forum to enter my system info once so that I don’t need to re-enter all the details each time I post on the forum?

Misha

It’s best to repost your configuration each time you request support as your Roon Core or Remote software version may change, as well as the underlying OS running your Core.

1 Like

Hey @Misha_Weidman,

Ben with the support team here, thanks for taking the time to write in!

As both @Robert_F and @Carl mentioned, having your complete system setup info will be immensely helpful in finding you a solution. Please fill out the following (with as much detail around how your CNX is setup with your core) :

Roon Core Machine

Include your operating system and machine info (Model, CPU, RAM)

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Your network gear (model of routers/switches) and if on WiFi/Ethernet

Connected Audio Devices

Specify what devices you’re using and their connection types, like USB/HDMI/Chromecast, etc.)

Number of Tracks in Library

Tell us how large your music library is, eg. “30,000 tracks”

Description of Issue

Tell us about the problem you’re having in as much detail as possible. Screenshots are always appreciated!

I’ll be monitoring this thread for your reply :+1:

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.