Lost R&L rear surround channels

late 2012 I7 Quad core MacMini. 16g ram 256 SSD internal HD. DROBO attached storage

Since 2018 I have been successfully playing mutichannel files using Procedural EQ. Using a MINIDSP U DIO-8 which MIDI see as a USBStreamer. I have tried increasing gain on surround channels with no success.
On MIDI set to “*8 ch 24-bit integer 44/1 kHz” I can then go to “5.1 surround configuration” . Then when I use test all channels map correctly including R&L surround.
I suspect but hope this is not because of the last ROON update.I seem to have reoccurring issues after updates :
with lost cover art, lost tags, and missing data I have entered. Ie. Version which I enter as vinyl,

The U-DIO8 is an 8channel device. My guess is that Roon is sending the SR/SL out over channels 7 and 8 and that you are using channels 1-6 to connect to your DACs. Is Roon set up to see the U-DIO8 output as 5.1 or 7.1?

Three possible solutions:

1. In the Roon device setup for the U-DIO8, change the output from 5.1 to 7.1 or vice versa.
  2. In the Roon device setup for the U-DIO8, tell it to swap or duplicate SR/SL with RR/RL.
  3. Reconnect your 3rd DAC from the U-DIO8’s channels 5,6 to channels 7,8.
1 Like

Hi Kal,
Once again you’ve come through for me!
Option 2. Swapping the Rear Channels did it.
FYI if it weren’t for your wonderful column, I wouldn’t have purchased the U-DIO8. It was a problem solver since I was unable to use HDMI on my Yamaha prepro because my HDMI on my Mac mini was being used for my monitor.
Thanks again!

Hey @Jeffrey_Kenton, glad you got some help here! Please let us know if you have any further questions.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.