Lost titles After Update roon

Roon Core Machine

Include your operating system and machine info (Model, CPU, RAM)

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Your network gear (model of routers/switches) and if on WiFi/Ethernet

Connected Audio Devices

Specify what devices you’re using and their connection types, like USB/HDMI/Chromecast, etc.)

Number of Tracks in Library

Tell us how large your music library is, eg. “30,000 tracks”

Description of Issue

Tell us about the problem you’re having in as much detail as possible. Screenshots are always appreciated!

Hello, I have lost around 9.000 titles after an update of Roon - They are now all in a list of the library - Format not playable (flac) or defekt.

Until the update - all titles have been playable, and all titles are still playable without Roon.
I have to read in all CDs new and then the same title works also with Roon.
What has changed in Roon?

I can play all the titles with the player KODI, I-Tunes, Asset UPnP, Groove Music and also my Marantz NA 7004.

I can see all the songs with the explorer, but Roon can’t see them all or will not play them.

Roon doesn’t alter your media files; it simply reads them. Can you check the files with another player?

Also, please provide relevant information about your setup as described here…

It is not possible with Roon, startet over the IOS-APP, to see all titles on the Server. Also not with Roon on my Windows PC from Dell.
With Kodi, I-Tunes, Asset UPnP, Groove Music and also my Marantz NA 7004 over Asset UPnP i can play the hidden files.
I have a RIPNAS Solid with a i7 core an Windows 11,
Start the Roon with my Ipad Pro with IOS15.4.1, Iphone with IOS 15.5
The Dell Laptop has Windows 11
I use the optical and USB output from the RIPNAS Solid to play the music.
The titles can be seen with the explorer.

As you see, the streaming concert is not available with Roon.

I started this 1 Month ago with Roon and it works - and now it is invisible.
I tried several times to read this file again with Roon.
Just right now I play this file over the Asset UPnP and may Marantz.

I had to change the RIPNAS Core Streamer, because one of your colleges said, that Roon needs a better processor and after that Roon does not read all the former accepted files.

I am a community member just like you.

I don’t see this. Please confirm your Roon library settings, and evidence any albums that are no longer available in Roon. It may well be that Roon can’t see your file shares, but you have provided insufficient information to establish the cause.

Have the files gone since you changed Core from RIPNAS to PC? If so, this may be the cause, i.e., you need to update Roon library settings.

Thank very much Martin, that is very kind of you, that you help me as a volunteer!!!

Yes, all began with the new core.
The old one and the old Roon could read every file, fast without any problem - until the build 880.
Then the audio server was totaly crashed.
The service team says, that it is cause of the core and the server software on my streamer.
(AMD and Windows server 2011)
I used Roon Server.
(HFX of Austria says, that the server software does not need a better core, because the iPad does the work.)

After changing the core to i7 and W 11 and a ssd-
halve of my audio files were
corrupt_file
(for example:FLAC/Cher/Dancing Queen/09 Cher - The Winner Takes It All.flac)
and
audio_stream_format_not_supported” (for example: FLAC/50 Cent/In Da Club - Single/01 In Da Club.m4a)- as roon says in “skipped files

I have no idea, as to read all files new with my server software - db power amp
Roon does not read the files on the server until i read them a second time.
The db power amp system says all the files are accurate ripped.

After the second reading by the server- Roon accepts the file -?!

It seems as i have to read the halve of my files new by the server.

Thanks for your kind help

This is incorrect, so please disregard their advice.

It’s still unclear to me how you have Roon setup. I presume you installed Roon on the i7 Windows PC, but it’s not evident where the media files are. It would be really helpful if you completed the following exactly as presented.

Describe Your Setup

It’s important that you include all relevant setup information so our team can get a clear understanding of the issue.

Your post should include:

• Details on your Core machine (OS, Hardware specs, Roon build)
  • Details on your Remote(s) (OS, Hardware specs, Roon build)
  • Networking details (especially what hardware you’re using, how everything is connected, and anything notable about how it’s all configured)
  • Audio devices in use
  • Library details (where your music is stored, whether you’re using a streaming service, how many tracks are in your library)

Including these details in your first post helps us resolve your issues faster.

I’ve also arranged to move this post to Support.

Now moved.

1 Like

Hi @Uwe_Hamker,

Thank you for getting in touch with us about your issue, we’re sorry to hear that you were having problems with your local library. In checking your system diagnostics it looks like you were able to sync some of your files.

It sounds like either you’re having a problem with your storage configuration or that your files may actually have been corrupted somehow. I’ve added the support template to your post. Please fill it out with as much detail as possible - paying particular attention to your network, and how your NAS is connected. Please tell us about the changes you made to your setup recently.

Thanks!

Hi Jamie,
thanks for your help.
Sorry, but i can not find the support plate.

I have a fritzbox 6591 router from there the signal goes to a Netgear switch TL-SG 105 and then to my Ripnas solid audio server. The dsl-cable is from Furutech.
The audio signal is played via optical cable to my Marantz sacd player and via usb-cable to my Marantz streamer NA 7004.

The Ripnas Storage is on a 1TB Samsung SSD.

How can i re-arrange the titles?
Around 9.000 titles are lost - i trink it has happend after getting changed the core of the audio server by the manufacturer HFX Audio in Vienna.
I can send you the exel file with the Information from the roon system.
Have you all Information?

Greetings Uwe

It’s in your opening post… You should be able to edit that post to add in the information that @jamie has requested. Thanks.

1 Like

Hello Jamie,
here are my informations about the hole system:

Roon Core Machine

Include your operating system and machine info (Model, CPU, RAM) :

Gerätename RIPNAS SOLID V6 HIGH END -by HFX Austria – Audio Server

Prozessor Intel(R) Core™ i7-10700T CPU @ 2.00GHz 1.99 GHz

Installierter RAM 16,0 GB (15,9 GB verwendbar)

Systemtyp 64-Bit-Betriebssystem, x64-basierter Prozessor

Edition Windows 11 Pro

Version 21H2

Betriebssystembuild 22000.675

1 TB SSD Samsung for storage for the music

150 GB M.2 PCIe 3.0 for system

Leistung Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22000.675.0

Roon server build 1.8 (build 952) stable (64-Bit)

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Your network gear (model of routers/switches) and if on WiFi/Ethernet

Fritzbox 6591 Cable

Realtek PCIe 2,5 GbE Family Controller only by LAN – Ethernet only no WiFi

Netgear switch TL-SG 105

All wired by furutech LAN cable

Connected Audio Devices

Specify what devices you’re using and their connection types, like USB/HDMI/Chromecast, etc.)

Marantz SA KI Pearl via optical cable

Marantz NA 7004 via USB cable an AIRPLAY

(The Marantz NA 7004 and the RIPNAS SOLID get the signal on the same switch by LAN)

iPad Pro 12,9 – 4. Generation / OS 15,5 Roon 1,8 build 970 stable

iPhone 8 -

Number of Tracks in Library

Tell us how large your music library is, eg. “30,000 tracks”

14.834 Tracks and around 9.000 Tracks lost

I also use Qobuz

Stored on a internal SSD

Description of Issue

Tell us about the problem you’re having in as much detail as possible. Screenshots are always appreciated!

Hello, I have lost around 9.000 titles after an update of Roon (new core, - They are now all in a list of the library - Format not playable (flac) or defekt.

All titles I have controlled have been playable until to Roon server build 880 and all titles are playable with Kodi, I-Tunes, Asset UPnP, Groove Music and also my Marantz NA 7004 over Asset UPnP

I have read in some CDs new and then the same title works also with Roon?

I can see all the songs with the explorer, but Roon can’t see the titles.

![Speicher|682x500](upload://poBXjcaXuJuxSUQZojoKHByHh1k.jpeg) ![Roon|538x500](upload://dkmtxhNWUXerUORf4MyFZSTWQw4.jpeg) ![Format nicht unterstützt|690x366](upload://ucaGYHk1zO8PIP9g5jxF5mO3eAh.jpeg)

Hey @Uwe_Hamker

We’re taking a look and hope to have more details for you soon. In the interim can you please post a screenshot of your Storage settings? Please go to Roon>Settings>Storage>and expand the settings for your local files. Am I correct that your local files are stored internally on the HFX you’re using as your server?

Hello Jamie,

Yes, the music is internal on the HFX Ripnas Solid.
All Filmes are in the FLAC Felder.

Best regards
Uwe

That last screenshot of yours just shows one storage location defined in Roon: the default Music Folder.

I believe that your original Core was running on a HFX V5 using WHS 2011 as the operating system, and now you have switched to a Core running on a HFX V5 using the Windows 11 operating system? Is this the case?

If so, then I think this “Music Folder” is the default music folder associated with your Windows 11 user account on the HFX V5 server: for example the folder C:\Users\<your username>\Music. It is not the folder set up in your Covecube DrivePool holding your music files: D:\hfx\Music. I think you need to explicitly add this into Roon.

Hey @Uwe_Hamker

Please see @Geoff_Coupe’s assessment above. I think he’s correctly diagnosed your issue. I believe that you’re linked to a different folder in Roon

Hello Geoff,
Thanks for your help.
I have Dome this, but the files are still lost

Hi @Uwe_Hamker,

We’re sorry to hear that you’re still having problems. Since this problem emerged after the recent return of your server from HFX it might be best to reach out to HFX Support to let them know:

• The typical method of syncing your files isn’t working now
  • That your internal files are being flagged as corrupted by Roon

Please let us know what they say. Thanks!

Hello Jamie,

I have solved the problem with the help from HFX Austria.
I use now a backup from before the problem and the files are playable.

Thanks to all

Greetings Uwe

1 Like

Hey @Uwe_Hamker,

That’s wonderful news, I’m glad that things are working for you now! Please feel free to reach out if you ever have any other questions or issues. Happy listening :headphones:

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.