Lots of things not working. [resolved: ipv6 stuff needs to be disabled (for now)]

Search, albums, artists, and discography options are all working.

Playback is not working with Qobuz on either System or Exclusive mode, even after restarting the roonserver process.

Yes, Comcast is my ISP.

Tidal playback is working as expected on both outputs.

Let me talk to the Qobuz guys… this will take some time, since it’s end of business day for my contacts.

In the meanwhile, could you try disabling IPV6 on your Linux system and try again?

sudo sysctl -w net.ipv6.conf.all.disable_ipv6=1
sudo sysctl -w net.ipv6.conf.default.disable_ipv6=1
sudo sysctl -w net.ipv6.conf.lo.disable_ipv6=1

the above commands will disable ipv6 – a reboot will put you back into your old state.

Disabling IPv6 worked for Qobuz playback.

Ok, we will look into this, in the meanwhile, you will need to run without IPV6.

ARGH! these are the worst types of bugs… we changed nothing, you changed nothing, yet everything changed!

Danny, I appreciate you stepping in and getting your hands dirty on these issues. This is rare to see from a C-level member of any company. I understand no software is perfect but I was really struggling here for more than a week, these were more than quirks. I can’t thank you enough. You’ve completely turned around my support experience and opinion of Roon.

10 Likes

Is it likely that disabling IPv6 on the router should achieve the same effect?

Yah, since most get those IPV6 IPs via DHCP.

We found the cause, it’s going to take some time to roll out a fix, but soon. It only affects Linux RoonServer builds and only if the machine itself has IPV6 address.

It does not affect ROCK or Nucleus or Windows. It’s unclear if it affects MacOS.

It only impacts Qobuz streaming, and nothing else we know about.

2 Likes

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: Removing IPv6 DHCP in my mesh network router greatly improved my Roon experience