LS50W not responding to transport control commands from remote control when driven by Roon

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Win10/i5, 16gb/Roon 1.7 build511 32 bit
Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

COMPAL CH7465LG router. Computer connects to network via Ethernet cable. Connection to speakers is by USB cable.

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

KEF LS50W OVER USB

Description Of Issue

Speakers stopped responding to transport control commands from the remote control. They do respond to volume up, down and mute. Same behaviour with the IR remote and with the KEF Control app.
Transport control from remote works normally when used with Google Play Music on the same computer.
Multiple restarts of speakers, Roon, computer did not solve it.

I am not sure if this is supported by Roon as there was no answer to this for two days?

Hello @DanMtsn,

I appreciate your patience while your case reached the support queue. This is expected behavior, transport functions for KEF speakers are unsupported, please see:

That is surprising to hear as it used to work fine until two days ago
Also I asked KEF and they didn’t say it’s not supposed to work in Roon they suggested a factory reset…

And this is not mentioned anywhere on your Kef partners page.

Hi @DanMtsn,

I requested the hardware team take a look at the LS50s they have in the lab and they’re able to reproduce similar behavior - via the IR remote the pause button works, but starting playback/next/previous do not work, you have to use the Roon interface for these transport controls.

Thank you.
Could you please kindly contact the marketing team as well and ask them to include the same information on the Kef partner page.
https://roonlabs.com/partners/kef

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.