Lumin app compared to Roon app

Lumin app compared to Roon app

Roon app improves dramatically the music experience. One has to try it to understand. I just bought a lifetime membership and I’m very happy about it.

But one thing is still surprising me.
On iOS, how come Lumin is very often still working properly on background while Roon goes to sleep just after few minutes in the background. I mean if (i) I let Lumin app on its own and navigate into other apps for 5-10-20mn and I come back to Lumin, the app is still active and playing now is updated very rapidly and if (ii) I do the same with Roon, I have quite always the playing now (or the last displayed screen) disappear for a few seconds (approx. 1 or 2 seconds - of course, for many, this is not a problem as it works properly but yet, this is bothering me, I would have preferred no lag at all) showing a black screen with Roon logo “struggling”/moving in order to refresh the page?

-Latest Roon working on qnap ts473 8g
-Using iOS with latest updates
-Very fast internet connection
-Lumin U1 mini

Eureka !!!

Can I please have an answer for why Roon iOS controller goes to sleep so often?
Can I please have confirmation that when grouping my Lumin Roon ready equipment with iPhone/iPad will not affect sound quality in Lumin music being played?
Can I please have confirmation that displaying music played in chromecast will not affect sound quality in my Lumin?
Thanks

1 Like

Please set your Lumin zone as master.

I’d really like this fixed too…problem has been around for as long as I can remember. iPad, iPhone same issues. sometimes the app looks like it its playing catchup too…like cycling thru everything played since it went to background to catch up what’s playing now.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.