Lumin Luxman Roon Only Mode / Esoteric TEAC RAAT Mode

The same in my opinion. Roon plays through Lumin in native, with DSP completely off. The sound is striking in its analogy and naturalness, a very warm lively tube sound.
:+1: :notes:

4 Likes

I absolutely agree as well. The improvement is about a more natural, musical quality to the sound, difficult to quantify, but extremely worthwhile.
I don’t use the Lumin with anything except Roon, so I won’t be going back!

6 Likes

Still in Roon Only Mode since 2nd of June. All good despite the small hassle of having to manually shift on the preamp to Chromecast for Spotify listening for the rest of my family, whilst before Spotify was directly available on the Lumin T2. I am leaving my stereo always on and easy to use, so that my family can enjoy music without having a degree in engineering.

3 Likes

If there is anyone using a P1 in Roon Only mode, please let me know. @Anthony_Hall @PixelPopper

My loan P1 went back in favour of the U2, sorry.

Oh wow.

I just implemented this. Wow. THANK YOU.

UPDATE: after a far-too-late listening session last night, I concur with the improvements others have observed. Solidly better. Very enjoyable. I was listening louder than before, with no fatigue.

2 Likes

I had to reset this as the mrs wanted to stream Spotify in the mancave/WFH office but at least I know its an option if I want it.

1 Like

What’s wrong with this picture…? “the mrs wanted to stream in the mancave…” Or is that inappropriate in current times…? :rofl:

well it was my domain until WFH then in order to keep the peace we co habit the space as its aircon is easy to cool the smaller room and we both can benefit but now she is working 80% in the office and not home I might get my room back…at least 90% of the time.

1 Like

Ok, it’s not as bad as I thought it was… Apart from that Spotify thingy obviously…

1 Like

@wklie I have firmware issue that is extremely odd when my U2 mini goes to sleep or is put into standby when I switch it back on it has crashed and the app has lost certain functionality as you can see on these screen grabs. Tidal and Qobuz completely disappears and it is completely unusable. I have to reboot it every time I want to use it

Did the Lumin app crash?

Please try NOT standing by the U2 Mini, and disable auto-sleep in Roon.

If problem reoccurs, please send me a screenshot of About in PM.

There is nothing in Lumin Firmware 15.1 that benefits users in Roon Only mode, unless you’re using a P1.

3 Likes

Thanks Pete!

Anything with Roon 2.0 that could affect the Roon Only performance?

1 Like

Since no new RAAT code is required for 2.0, no.

2 Likes

@wklie Great approach with Roon only mode.
Another idea going in the same direction is to use the compiler settings in the most efficient way.
Have you or your team thought about that already?

1 Like

Peter, Roon did update RAAT/Roonbridge here but don’t think it makes a lot of difference at the moment.

Thanks for the info. We are not using RoonBridge and therefore not relying on the RoonBridge update mechanism modified in this update, but our custom integration at the lower RAAT SDK level, which does not require changing.

3 Likes

@wklie Any feedback on the optimization of compiler settings and thus further tweaking software and SQ?

1 Like