Lumin T2 DSD512 MQA Roon Ready Network Player

A user shared his early impressions of Lumin T2 in https://www.audioshark.org/lumin-169/lumin-t2-15692-page6.html#post260189

the D2 blew all my expectations and I’ve been very happy with it, but when the T2 was finally announced I just couldn’t resist it as it seemed to be all I wanted in the first place.

Immediately when I connected it yesterday I could tell this was a big step up from the D2. As expected when climbing upwards a product ladder it’s just more of everything, larger soundstage, more details, more 3-dimensional, deeper bass etc. But something that struck me early was just how effortless and relaxed the music seemed to flow, like the easiest thing in the world. Music feels vivid, more real and intense. I’m trying to avoid words as analogue and organic, but maybe that’s exactly what it is. It moves me.

These are still early impressions and I know from the D2 that some burn in time will only do it good and I expect the same here. I’m upsampling to DSD256 with Roon as my current server can’t handle DSD512, but a new one capable of that will hopefully arrive before the weekend.

I have no idea how it compares to the T1 as I’ve never tried it, I have no doubt that it’s better though as there would be no reason for a new version otherwise, but if it’s worth the money to upgrade I don’t know, but I would like to think so!

If someone is currently using a separate DAC and some other streaming solution, having high quality cables to and between these, combining it all into a very VERY nice one-box package with high quality streaming and fabulous DAC, then the T2 would be considered a bargain and almost pay for itself by just getting rid of the unnecessary boxes and cables. To me the T2 is a real winner.

I like it.

A LOT!!!