Lumin T2 Roon Settings

It’s true. Will do once the burn in is done, cheers!

So wait… Newby to the T2. So yall are saying it’s best to keep the Roon settings to do all the hard work and turn the upsampling “stuff” off in the Lumin app? (Analog Audio Re-Sampling set to OFF in the Lumin app?)

Yup, that’s what Peter has recommended. From my own personal experience, I can say having Roon handle DSD512 upconversion to the T2 sounds amazing.

1 Like

I’ve just gotten a T2 but I can’t get it to upsample to DSD512, just DSD64.

Under Sample Rate Conversion I have set this to DSD. This has greyed out the DSD Sample Rate, leaving it as DSD64.

I have the Parallelize Sigma-Delta Modulator enabled and Enable Native DSD Processing enabled too.

Strangely, I can also see in the device setup for my T2 in roon that it thinks the Max Sample rate is 192khz. I though this should be 384khz?

Can you please help me figure out what is amiss here?

My T2 is running version 13.1 and I’m on Roon 1.7 Build 571

Please make sure your T2 is set to Analog output, not SPDIF, not USB.

Yep. Outputting to XLR via analog already

In Lumin app, please make sure Custom Re-sampling is Off.

In Roon Device setup, Max Sample Rate (PCM) should be 384kHz, Max Sample Rate (DSD) should be DSD512.

If it is not like this, please use Lumin app to factory reset the T2, In Lumin T2 options -> About.

Thanks, the reset did the trick.

If anything still appears abnormal, please restart Roon Core.

So far so good.

Very nice sounding. I’ve just replaced a power amplifier and preamplifier in my setup and all three changes have been massive to the overall result.

Much more musical now than it was on my old Anthem d2v Processor. The HT bypass approach has yielded some big changes that are very pleasing to the ear

1 Like

If you just got your T2, please burn it in 7x24 by repeat playback (from Roon or Lumin app) or Roon radio for several weeks.

Well, I must say I’ve been happy with the functionality and stability of the T2 so far. I’m only using Roon, but it happily plays as a RaaT endpoint amongst my various other brand and type streamers.

With the new preamp and power amp combo I’ve installed, I’ve really levelled up my stereo listening experience this past week.

A few questions though, is it possible to manually assign an IP address to the T2? I like to have all of my components clearly set on an IP address so i know what is what and can set relevant firewall rules for same. I know I can do this via the local router I have with a DHCP scope reservation, but that’s got it backwards in my mind.

Lastly, can you force a reboot of the unit remotely?

1 Like

Only via the router DHCP reservation function.

I’m afraid this functionality is not present.

@wklie - Hi Peter, hope you’re keeping well and safe! Quick question: I am planning to move my Lumin T2 to another room away from the router and thus will no longer be “wired in” into the router. Can we use WiFi instead? I’ve a pretty decent internet connection so no issue there. Thanks!

T2 does not have wi-fi. To get around this you could put a mesh wifi point near the T2 and connect it with ethernet. May not be optimal, depending on the quality of your wifi.

Thanks this could be an option… another option is to run an Ethernet cable, a little bit of DIY doesn’t hurt :wink:.

Yup, that’s what I did. Ran some flat cat6 around the base boards to a switch I put in the equipment rack, and all the AV/Hi-Fi gear is hard-wired.

1 Like

Yeah sounds like a great idea, did you consider CAT 7 cable?

No need - cat 6 is more than enough. Also somewhere I remember reading cat 6 was better for audio because of no metal in the termination, but I’m certainly no expert in that! Everything here is cat 6 or the odd cat 6a

1 Like

If it’s not wired, you can use a WiFi to Ethernet adapter. Some (not all) WiFi routers can also be turned into WiFi client mode for this kind of setup.

Make sure you use two different SSID (name) for 5Ghz and 2.4GHz in the main WiFi router, so you can be sure which band you’re using. Usually 5GHz is preferred if your reception is good there.

1 Like