Lumin T3 on the way?

T3 page is up on lumin site

LUMIN T3

3 Likes

Peter what are the sonic differences between the T2-T3?

1 Like

Be very interested to know too.

Given it uses the same DAC design and same PSU, it seems unlikely that there would be a significant difference…although it might be an opportune time to pickup a reduced T2! I’m more intrigued to see whether the D2 DAC implementation changes with these rolling streamer updates, as it is now something of an outlier in using the Wolfson chips.

2 Likes

Any reviews on sound quality yet?

TBH I was happy to read this since it likely means I don’t need to rush out and trade my T2 for a T3, which I could really see happening :upside_down_face:

4 Likes

I was wrestling with a related dilemma - whether to trade my D2 for a reduced T2 :laughing: Think I’ll hold off for now but certainly tempting.

1 Like

All the coming tests will shown, that the T3 performes much better than the T2 :smiley:

But I’ll also not switch (especially using it only as Roon endpoint) from my T2 to a T3.

Trade up from D2 to T2 is a no-brainer, especially with T3 on the market.

Depends on whether ASR gets it :man_facepalming:. I doubt T2>T3 is a big change. T2/3 to X1 maybe big change, but a) not sure it is worth it in my system, and b) need to change amp and speaker to benefit. So, I think I’ll stick with my T2 :nerd_face:

1 Like

Guess who has the world first T3 [Edit: not ASR, not a reviewer - sorry for the confusion], many weeks before anybody else.

8 Likes

That’s a tough one…:joy:
We expect a completely unbiased review!

Not a reviewer, and we don’t have a monetary transaction relationship with them.

Edited post.

So I guess Roon Labs team?

My LUMIN T2 has always worked like a breeze with Roon. So robust !

2 Likes

That is correct! :wink:

4 Likes

With the T3 out, I can only hope this means the X1 will soon become the X2 :slight_smile:

Besides the new processing system, I wonder what an X2 might include? The latest “ne plus ultra” Delta-Sigma DAC doesn’t appear to be that much better (IMHO) than the ES9038Pro in the X1.

I absolutely adore my D2 with Plixir Elite BDC power supply. I demo’d it against a stock T2 and preferred the upgraded D2.

Any other users of a D2 + Elite BDC here to opine?

1 Like

Interesting - how would you characterise the difference? I’ve not had a chance for a direct comparison.

1 Like