Lumin U1 Mini DSD through optical

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
Core Win 10 on core i7 Intel

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)
Lumin U1 Mini
Hugo TT2

Description Of Issue
Until latest Lumin firmware update DSD through optical from my Lumin U1 Mini to my Hugo TT2 DAC work flawlessly.

Since firmware 13.4 it doesn’t work for DSD64 files (downsample to DSD64 from larger files doesn’t work either).

Please help
Hugo Castillo

The latest firmware made no change to the toslink optical output.

Please reboot everything, including Roon Core, Lumin and DAC.

If that still does not work, please use Lumin app to factory reset the Lumin hardware, under About of U1 MINI.

If that still does not work, please describe in more detail - does Roon appear to be playing? Does it make no sound? Or does it make audible noise? Please post a signal path screenshot.

I did everything you suggested
When roon starts playing a dsd file it tries to play it for a few seconds and then jumps to the next and it does the same thing again. No problem with pcm files
It doesn’t make any sound

I want to tell you that the lumin app plays dsd 64 files just fine but curiously enough since last firmware update it doesn’t downsample dsd128 files to dsd 64 but it does to pcm files with no problems

Please help

For your setup with toslink output:

In Lumin app, you have to use the Custom Re-sampling function to convert DSD128 to 176.4kHz PCM or DSD64. Without this setting Lumin app will skip over DSD128 music files because they cannot be output to toslink without conversion.

In Roon, if you do not connect the U1 MINI USB output to a USB DAC, normally it should automatically convert DSD128 to PCM 176.4kHz. You may also set Roon DSP Engine to convert it to PCM 176.4kHz or DSD64 explicitly.

I’ll try to verify this tomorrow when I go to work.

In the lumin app I already have the resample setting to dsd 64 for dsd 128 files. Remember everything worked fine with the old firmware

In roon works if I set the dsp setting to convert to pcm 176. But it doesn’t work if I try to play dsd 64 files which should not need to be resample

Please use Lumin app to upgrade to Firmware 13.4a.

Problem solved

Thank you

1 Like

Hello @Hugo_Castillo2, glad you got things resolved here! Please let us know if you have any further questions.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.