Lyngdorf MP-60 not able to play multichannel files with HDMI via Roon Ready

I am having difficulty playing multichannel files via Roon Ready on a Lyngdorf MP-60. The Lyngdorf MP-60 readily plays multichannel files from a connected SACD player (Sony ES5400) via HDMI without a problem. The Device Manager page for the MP-60 in my system is as follows:

The signal path is as follows:

For some reason, there is no ability to select multichannel outputs on the Device Manager setup and the signal path shows down conversion from 5.1 to 2.0.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

The same reason as for the MP-50 (not supported by Lyngdorf). Choose another connection, like HDMI for example, that supports multichannel audio – but as it is a surround sound processor, don’t expected it to accept DSD from a source that’s not a properly licensed SACD/DVD/BD-player (AFAIK you’re stuck with PCM playback but Roon is able to do the conversion for you). Further reads:

grafik

grafik

Thanks, BlackJack.
However, all of these problems with multichannel from my server (Wolf Audio Alpha 3 SX) have been over HDMI. I am aware that there is a PCM conversion but it is working only with 2 channel. The Lyngdorf MP-60 Roon Ready Device Setup does not allow for a 5.1 or 7.1 option. The USB connection is only 2 channel PCM but one is supposed to be able to play multichannel PCM over HDMI through the MP-60: multichannel works fine from the Sony SACD player.
Thoughts?

As by your writing and the screenshot from your OP, you’re using the Roon Ready network connection to your MP-60 and not HDMI. As can be seen above, only stereo (2-channel) playback is supported by Lyngdorf for their media player input (which includes Roon Ready).

Another user confirmed in the thread linked above that multi-channel playback is working when HDMI is used instead:

1 Like

Much thanks, that was my misunderstanding.
That fixed the problem.
Thanks again!

2 Likes