Lyngdorf TDAI-1120

Haim that is a message passed back from the Roon endpoint on the Lyngdorf side.
It does seem strange that the Lyngdorf Roon Ready module doesn’t know what the settings on its own DAC does.
What DAC filter are you running on the Lyngdorf (slow roll off, Brick wall etc)? K don’t own one but they are common
It probably doesn’t mean anything though

Hi, I’ve check mine and the same, don’t look at that much so wouldn’t have known! All MQA looks like it’s working though.

I do not use any special filter

Haim it just looks like the Lyngdorf is not feeding Roon the correct information. It doesn’t need to be a special filter, but with DACS there is almost always a default filter selected.

Have you contacted Lyngdorf support about this?

This was discussed in another thread that you started.
I believe it is a Lyngdorf issue.
Everything you see past Lyngdorf tdai-1120 in the signal path is from Lyngdorf, not Roon.
I would follow up with Lyngdorf.
You was informed of this here.

Ace this was the original thread, and then another one was created with the same content. I didn’t want to reply in both :grin:
But I fully agree with you

I have an 1120 which is showing the same filter in signal path on Amp side.
Can’t say for sure if this is new or not, I’m not really a serial signal path checker.
I’ll contact Lyndorf support and see what they say.
Will post when I’ve got a response if nobody else does.

2 Likes

@ogdens_sliced. Thanks. I also have a 1120 that shows the unknown filter. I’m pretty sure it wasn’t there before the software update, however, I couldn’t see any way to uninstall the update in order to confirm if the filter is connected to the update.

1 Like

Same issue for me. I have also contacted Lyngdorf support.

1 Like

I just got this response from Lyngdorf.

"We are aware that this “unknown filter” has appeared in Roon, and the issue is being addressed. To soothe your concerns, there is NO filter, it is a software bug that has been overlooked during testing.

We will have a fix for this in the next software release."

3 Likes

I got same response just now.
Hats off to Lyngdorf support, they always give a quick reply / followup to messages.

1 Like

I tried Room Perfect some years ago. It must have improved enormously to be anything like good today. I bought Audiolense XO instead. The only advantage RP had was the fact that correction was part of the amp so all inputs had the same adjustment.

I wonder if it was some placeholder for MQA decoding.

There is another defect here with this software update - in Roon signal path Limiter is marked as ON even when I disable it in TDAI- 1120…
Anyone from Lyngdorf to answer it?

1 Like

I’m running V2.0.0.and for me limiter is not shown in the signal path. It is turned off by me in the TDAI 1120 web app.

New firmware is available

2.0.1 /October 2022:
Features:
Bugfixes/improvements:

• Roon: Signal path “unknown filter” / MQA confusion
  • MQA logo not cleared on stop/pause.
  • vTuner presets not started if same as last is selected.
  • Other input handling improvements.
2 Likes

I bought a TDAI-1120 in October last year and like it very much. Roon integration is really seemless.

However, I just wanted to let the Community here know about my experiences with the amp driving my Martin Logan ESL 11A: to cut it short, this combination does not work. every 20-30 seconds there is a loud hissing coming from the speakers. It is basically impossible to listen to music.

Lyngdorf support was top notch, even contacted Martin Logan to find out about the speaker specs. Unfortunately, the issue could not be resolved in the end, there is something in the signal way, that produces this noise.

I decided to keep the amp and use it with ELAC BS 263, no problem whatsoever with this combination! So - if you are an owner of electrostats with active woofers - be advised that the TDAI may not be a good solution…

2 Likes

Tom interesting to here that, is this due to the fact that it is a prem amplified pure digital output (not an amplifier as such).
I looked at buying one and read a few articles that it could not drive difficult speakers and it has a fairly low power output. In the end I chose something with more power which I really like, but the Lyngdorf feels like the one that got away.
Still seems a great Roon Ready solution though for probably 80%+ of speakers on the market.

How do you classify difficulty to drive? I have it with Harbeth P3ESRs and they only have a sensitivity of 83db or is it the impedance that is the main factor? My speakers are no problem at all and sounds fantastic. I would be tempted to try using it with a power amp but certainly wouldn’t need unless moved to a bigger room

I remember reading that the combination of impedance and sensitivity was important (especially for larger speakers), but as I have not tried them myself and my speakers are in the high 80s so I do not think there would be problem.
They get great feedback from owners and reviewers but I could not justify multiple purchases and my main listening room is of a reasonable size.
Others have said they should make make a great frontend to a power amp as well, if you ever outgrow the power or speakers. It’s a pity that there is such a price gap to the next model in the range.
There seemed to be rumours of a model between the two a couple of years ago, but the supply chain issues might have caused issues with that.