Lyngdorf TDAI-1120

Not at all what I expected. I’ve done a fair amount of measurements and corrections to my main room. The speakers don’t have any crossovers they are bi-amped and I use an Xillica XP8080 to flatten, time align, set SPL, group delay, etc. I was totally expecting annoying sweeps from the Langdorf. It was actually fun to listen to the first few measurements.

In about 20 minutes I went form reading the manual to have 97% of the room mapped. The jury is still out on “better” but I think so. For sure there is a major difference between Focused and Global. Almost like the difference between speakers being in phase with centered stereo image and out of phase being all over the place…but I say almost. As I move around the room left or right that centered image shifts accordingly from centered to center left or center right. Kind of spooky at first. Like a painting where the eyes follow you around the room.

Much more “analysis” is needed. Trying to figure out how I can clear my calendar the next couple of days…but I gotta pay for all this I suppose.

Another not so great picture, but I think it illustrates how un-perfect my room/listening position is. Basically a wall in front of my face. Reflective windows to the right, open door to the left.

The co-worker seems to approve :grinning:

@gestalt.audio Two thumbs up and four paws up for a smooth, painless and quick transaction.

5 Likes