Lyngdorf TDAI-1120

Thank you for info! very interested on Lyngdorf. Only issue for me could be too big volume steps in remote control (mentioned earlier in this thread) as I would be using Lyngdorf’s remote and not just ipad/iphone, but that will be easily tested if I order one.

1 Like

Volume steps are tiny - this won’t be a problem!

2 Likes

I have the Lyngdorf remote, and use it with the tdai-1120. The volume steps up or down by 1dB with each press of the remote’s button.

This is the same step as in the Roon app.

In the Lyngdorf web interface, the step is 0.5 dB.

In the Lyngdorf app the step is, a frankly ridiculous, 0.1 dB. Good luck hearing the difference in those two levels!

A 1dB level change is only just discernable, so I wouldn’t judge the amplifier on the perceived shortcomings of its remote control volume control.

3 Likes

Thank you for additiona info. In the past I had amp that had too big steps with remote, so that is why I thought about that. But all looks good with Lyngdorf!

1 Like

I got confirmation from two different employees at a Lyngdorf retailer that there will be a couple of new products coming this year from Lyngdorf.
I was told that a mid model between 1120 and 3400 will be released in September.:love_you_gesture:t3:

5 Likes

Very nice, i will check it out on Lyngdorf website and our local dealer if it on display there.
If the amplifier fits between the 1120 and the 3400, i will strongly consider it.
I bought a Hegel H190 because of the sound quality and its power to drive my living room speakers (and the fact that my girlfriend approved the looks of the H190).
Since the H190 is not (yet) Roon Ready and i doubt it ever will be, it will be sold if i find an appropriate substitute.

Darko just confirmed that his review of the 1120 would be out in about 4 weeks - he’s just done a little video with the Uniti Atom and the Cambridge EVO 150.

2 Likes

Thanks for the information, I watched the Cambridge Audio review over the weekend. Seemed a very good review and he obviously still likes the Naim Unity Atom very much as well.

Looking forward to this review, though I think I will probably want a bit more power for my floorstand speakers.
With the NAD M10 2 out (though not Roon ready) it makes this part of the market even more interesting.

What happened to the rumor of a more powerful amp between the two Lyngdorf models. That would be quite compelling if priced at £2500 - £2900 with all the extra features it offers.

I have ATC SCM 11 loudspeakers which are difficult to drive.
They have a rating of 85dB @ 1W @ 1 meter with an recommended 75 to 300Watt amp.
Can you share your experience driving your speakers with this unit?

Please name the loudspeaker you are using and your experience with it :slight_smile:

I have had an 1120 for a few weeks and am delighted with it. It is installed in the kitchen which is small at 11x12ft.
It is playing easily through a pair of ATC SCM 7s which are the same rating as your 85dB SCM 11s.
There is no way I can listen with the sound turned right up - so I am never in the red on the volume knob
I love the sound of the ATC SCMs and have them in 3 rooms

The setup was easy and RP is a dream to commission and listen to - it makes the room sound smoother and more musical to me.
I have a REL T/7x attached to the analogue low level output. I have lowered this on the RP settings as I was hearing a bit too much bass for me.
RP gives you the ability to adjust settings at each input or the overall level.

The Roon Ready implementation is excellent - everything works smoothly.

I had a problem with getting ‘bypass’ to display on the iOS Lyngdorf Remote app.
Support from Lyngdorf was swift and had me deleting the app, resetting the iPhone and reinstalling the app. This because moving to iOS 15 had caused the app to misbehave. It works fine now.

3 Likes

My 1120 is in my stua where I drive a pair of Dali Zensor 5 (88db / 6 ohm).
Ive also tried it in my HiFi Room to drive a pair of Harbeth Compact 7 (86db / 6 ohm).

Drives both with no problems at all.
No lack of dynamics and no clippping / distortion.
Always plenty of travel left on the volume pot - more than Id ever need for my listening levels.

The 1120 is a fantastic amp for the money.
The 3400 looks even better if you feel the need of more power and additional inputs.
Am curious to see this new amp that will sit between them.

The Lyngdorf Room Perfect is a great feature and a total breeze to set up.
I had a minor issue with the HDMI Arc setting when I first bought the amp.
The customer support & communication from Lyngdorf in resolving the issue was first class. Unlike some manufacturers I could mention…

3 Likes

I’ve successfully driven my ATC SCM19 speakers with a 2170 and 3400 (I own the 3400 nowadays). I doubt the 1120 would have any issues driving them too as they are a relatively easy load despite being a little inefficient.

As for a 2170 replacement model, I guess there might be one in the works, but I think it could be some time before such an amp surfaces as they (Lyngdorf) appear to be busy with other stuff that is now way overdue, e.g. Fix for the 2.1 Processors, MXA8400, speakers and boundary woofers, etc. They only have so many resources.

1 Like

I know a few people were waiting for Darko to review this after looking at all the competition.

2 Likes

D-class? What do you mean?

Unfortunately that has not happened, instead a very intense advertising campaign of 1120 is underway.

Yes I have been wondering about this as well.

Note by the way - 3400 has Tidal Connect and MQA core decoder on board, while the younger brother 1120 does not …
Does this mean that the arouses universal respect among music lovers eminent Steinway Lyngdorf become aloof with Tidal now?
What do you say?

I have no idea, maybe it’s a timing issue.
The Lyngdorf devices seems to do everything to be fair.
The 1120 is still very high on my wishlist

Hi guys in the thread. You might find these interesting:

and this is the additional walk though of the impressive software:

2 Likes

Yes, watched that earlier this week. He goes through basically every setting that 1120 has so very good information.

1 Like