Lyngdorf TDAI-3400 (SW update 1.1.0)

I am having exactly the same issue with my 3400 , I have the software versions as listed in your screen shot above. High Res files are creating an issue of skipping or it plays back a few seconds of the track then skips to the next one. IMO, the 3400 cannot be considered to be Roon-Ready. Add to the fact that Lyngdorf has utterly stopped responding to my emails to Tech Support.


The Roon @support team prefer one topic per customer’s issue… so they are able to track it and focus on each individual problem. hence I split out your topic.

In order for Roon’s @support team to better assist you, please provide a brief description of your current setup using this link as a guide.

Make sure to describe your network configuration/topology, including any networking hardware currently in use, so they can have a clear understanding of how your devices are communicating.

Hello @Bobolaclune,

Are you using the TDAI-3400’s WiFi or Ethernet connection?


Hi. I’m using the Ethernet connection. Thanks


I am using a Roon Nucleus + connected by ethernet to a Linksys Velop Mesh network with 5 base stations. However , the Lyngdorf is connected by direct hardwired ethernet to the main Ethernet switch , which in turn is hardwired to the Internet router. I’m on a 1GB cable internet connection which most typically runs at 500MB/s speeds. I have multiple DAC’s connected to the Core either directly to ethernet ( dCs Rossini) or to the Nucleus+ (Denafrips Terminator) or to connected Macs (Denafrips Pontus & Luxman DA-06). I have no issues with any of these connections or DAC’s except the TDAI-3400. The issue appears to be the 3400 updated software package 1.1.0. Following a suggestion made earlier on the Forum, I have now installed the previous version 1.0.4 and this appears stable. Lyngdorf reply no emails regarding Tech Support, they appear comatose.

I am now continuing to battle through my issues with the TDAI-3400. I have tried connecting directly to both wifi and ethernet with similarly miserable results. As of now , the Lyngdorf is completely frozen and though it shows up on Roon , will not playback. IMHO, this should never have been certified as Roon-Ready. It’s glitchy, badly behaved when occasionally it does decide to work and repeated emails to Lyngdorf Tech Support over the last two weeks go completely unanswered. The unit was dropped into a connection structure via Ethernet that my Naim Uniti Nova had happily inhabited in a trouble free manner for 3 years.

I’m using a Lyngdorf TDAI-3400 since early 2018 myself. I on my side have to say that device is rock solid with Roon - i had never any issues. Lately I’ve upgraded it also to the newest firmware version and i couldn’t verify the issues with HiRes materials either - also there were no glitches no stops or whatsoever. So I’m not sure if you have a faulty device or if there’s still something glitchy in your network setup.

Thanks for the post. As I said , I have dropped the 3400 into a network configuration that supports 3 DAC’s and previously a Naim Nova as well without incident or issue. I have now completely reset the Lyngdorf to factory defaults, reloaded my Nucleus with Roon’s latest build , reinstalled Lyngdorf’s latest system software… fingers crossed.


Do let us know if there’s any improvement after the reset!

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.