Lyrics out of sync with music (HQ Player)

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Fully patched Server 2016 with latest Roon Server

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Ethernet with IBM G8000 switch

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

USB via HQPlayer NAA

Description Of Issue

When I play music via HQPlayer to NAA, I notice that the “live” scrolling lyrics are out of sync/ahead of the music. Could this be due to the latency of pushing the stream through HQPlayer? Is there a way to adjust? It’s sort of like video being out of sync with the dialog in a movie. Thanks!

Hello @hammer,

Just to confirm, are the lyrics being displayed correctly when you bypass HQPlayer for that same endpoint? What kind of endpoint are you using past HQPlayer? Does this occur on multiple endpoints or just on the HQPlayer zone?

A post was split to a new topic: Lyrics Out of Sync (Allo Digi One)

Hello @hammer,

Currently, it is not possible to have synchronized lyrics when using HQPlayer due to HQPlayer’s audio latency being unpredictable depending on the user’s configuration and hardware. Roon does not offer a mechanism to adjust the lyrics sync manually.

I’m going to file a feature request ticket for manual adjustment of real-time lyrics synchronization.

-John

Thank you.

Hi, any update on the ability to adjust the timing of the lyrics? Seems with new v1.7, they lyrics are even more off! Would hugely appreciate the implementation of this feature. A great spot for +/- buttons would be on the lyrics page so one can adjust on the fly while listening. Thank you!

Hi @hammer,

You can feel free to open up a feature request but we do not have anything to announce regarding manual adjustments at this time.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.