Mac Mini - Unable To Find Existing Roon Core

MacOS Mojave
Mac Mini, Late 2012
2.5 GHz Intel Core i5
16 GB 1333 MHz DDR3

Not sure what the Roon build is, because I’m unable to select it. I’m pretty sure it’s the most recent one.

My Roon Core is located on the Mac Mini listed above, connected to my network by ethernet. I usually play to a Metrum Ambre endpoint, also connected with ethernet. The network is working perfectly for every device at my house.

My setup has worked perfectly for months until this morning. All of a sudden my Mac Mini isn’t able to locate the Roon Core located on itself. It’s giving me the option to set up a new one, but I’m hesitant to do that because I don’t want to lose all of the organizing/tagging that I’ve done already.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated. I’m happy to offer additional information or clarification if needed. Thanks as always for your support.

Have you rebooted it?

1 Like

Yes, a couple of times.

I reset the router too just to be safe, although the network doesn’t seem to be the issue.

Make sure the firewall is off: System Preferences > Security & Privacy > Firewall
While there, click the Privacy tab > Files & folders > check Roon has file access.

You could try to select a new core, and see if its then listed. I think your edits are save in the database, so you won’t lose them. If that doesn’t work, perhaps try renaming the User > Library > Roon folder and relaunching, but that’s a last resort.

1 Like

Thanks so much! It turned out to be a non-issue… I was hesitant to log in when it asked to create a new Roon Core, but once I did that everything went back to normal.

All set to close out this thread. Thanks again!

Make sure your backups are working :wink:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.