Rhein Z1V2 2TB

Network: Ethernet and Wifi
Mac is Running OS Ventura 13.5, AppleM1 processor,16GB memory

Connected Audio Devices

<Dac Aqua La Voce S3 via USB connected to Rhein Z1

Number of Tracks in Library

52093 Tracks

Description of Issue

Mac Ventura was Connected fine to the Roon Core on my Rhein Z1, after several weeks it suddenly could not find the core anymore and kept spinning searching for the core.
My other Mac , running OS 10.15.7. Catalina,which is connected to the same network via the same switch connects fine with the core.
I reinstalled Roon on the Mac M1, and tried every tric described in the users forum without succes.
Please help.

Hello @Mike_Agsteribbe ,

Please be aware that the Core device you are using is an unlicensed Core with Roon. Because of this, we’re not able to offer official support when using this device as a Core.

That said, there are others on the community forum that may be able to provide additional troubleshooting steps for you. I’ve moved your thread over the #tinkering for this.

1 Like

Are you able to log in to the core from a web browser on the Mac running Catalina?

If so check the IP address and confirm that the M1 is looking for the Core at that address.

Best practice is to set a static IP for the Core using RoonOS web interface.

Not really it’s best to set it via your router as if that changes your core could be inaccessible due to different ip ranges. That said this isn’t a RoonOS core it uses their own Os Vitos.

My mistake. I assumed the machine was running ROCK.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.