Mac Roon 1.8 client hangs when I click an artist following search

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Mac OS 10.14.6
iMac 27" late 2013 - i7, 24Gb memory
Build 753 (Roon 1.8)

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

WiFi - all working fine - see below for why I am not going spending time on this

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

iMac 27" 2020 (i9); Mac OS 10.15.7 Roon build 753 (1.8), connected by WiFi.

Description Of Issue

The Mac client all connected and working. Controls of all devices I have tried - working just fine until…

However, when I do an artist search then click the artist the programme hangs at “Loading artist…”. The programme is non-responsive (hung - spinning beachball). It does not resolve however long it is left and has to be force quit.

I can click on an artist from an album and it loads no probs

Strikingly, on the core machine the artist search and click through works just fine. Same from iPad or phone remotes control apps.

Trouble shooting to date:

Restart Core and client programme - no effect.
Reboot Core and client machines - no effect
Reinstall the app on the client - no effect

All working fine on other clients/remote control apps - the exact same artist search, followed by click through to their page.

Activity Monitor shows Roon at 101% cpu usage (there are 10 cores, so this is real) and marked as “not responding”. Nothing else above 14% cpu usage so its trying hard to do something. RAAT server is 0.4% cpu usage even though I am listening to music right now (through Roon).

Hi, @Dominic , sorry for troubles. Could you, please, tell if there are any OS level crash reports when this issue occurs? If yes, could you, please, save that report and send this file to us? Am I right that this issue affects your Core device iMac 27" late 2013 and all other devices are working ok?

Thanks!

Ivan

Hi @Ivan. The Roon Core is fine - not the problem.

It is a second computer through which I control the Core - note two sets of specs under “Core Machine” and “Audio Devices” in original post.

There is no system level crash - just a freeze of the Roon App - no spin report or crash report in console.

On force quite there is a report to go to apple which I have copied - it is a 2.4 Mb .txt file so please tell me how best to get it to you

Thank you for the reply, @Dominic.Is it possible for you to upload this file to GDrive or Dropbox and create a sharable link, so we can download it?

Ivan

@Ivan Shared here - please confirm once you’ve got it so I can then clear it:

Thank you, @Dominic. May I ask you to to perform the following test?

1. On the Remote affects by the issue, locate Roon folder. On Mac it can be found here – https://help.roonlabs.com/portal/en/kb/articles/database-location
  2. Rename this Roon folder to something like “Roon_old”
  3. Launch app once again
  4. Try to reproduce this issue

Thanks!

Ivan

And fixed! Presumably a corrupted file in there.

Thank you @Ivan.

I hope you survive all the work of next few days

1 Like

Glad to hear that, @Dominic!

Thank you :slight_smile:

Ivan

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.