MacBook with Dragonfly no longer working

Roon Core Machine

Apple iMac

Number of Tracks in Library

8000 albums

Description of Issue

I had to reinstall MacOS on my iMac, which runs my core. Before that, I often listened to music on my MacBook Pro with a Dragonfly DAC from the Roon core but since reinstalling, I can’t find a way to get Roon to recognize my MacBook with Dragonfly as an output option.
I can see my Roon library fine on my MacBook but it won’t play using my DAC, which is what I was doing before.
Any help appreciated. Thanks

Hi Steve
Reboot all, Router, comps, switches, etc
Does the MBP osx see the Dragonfly?
Does roon see your Default output on the MBP?
Do you have airplay and handoff enable on the two machines?

Now I runned out of ideas.

The MacBook sees the Dragonfly as an audio output but Roon doesn’t. Have restarted everything already but still no luck.

It is stupid but can you try to enable system output in roon and from osx select the dragonfly as system output, then try to play. Just to see if it works.

Screenshot 2023-02-06 at 18.16.24
Screenshot 2023-02-06 at 18.16.37

Screenshot 2023-02-06 at 18.19.54

Maybe also reinstall the MBP roon app

Sadly nothing is working yet. Confused :frowning:

If you connect you MBP using wifi try disable and use an ethernet, after did fore up roon and see if all the same. If you use ethernet plug out and connect using wifi… I have no idea why but I would try

Thanks. I’ll try some other things.

Hey @Steve_Gerrard,

I wanted to check in on this thread to see if you were still running into issues here?

Did you use Time Machine during this process, or to load a backup from your Macbook Pro?

Lastly, what does your Audio MIDI setup look like on your Macbook Pro? If you could share a screenshot, that would be helpful.

1 Like

My iMac died completely so had to move my core to my MacBook :frowning:

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.