Macintosh Roon Desktop app is Not Updating

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
Nucleus+ V. 1.7 Build 571.

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)
Fiber optic based: Router is Pakedge RK-1; Switches are Pakedge gigabit; all connections via ethernet; Upload download internet speeds over ethernet: 904/40.

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)
MacPro 2019; Catalina v. 1015.6; Brooklyn DAC+ connected via USB

Description Of Issue
Issue is that Roon app on MacPro indicates an update is available. Update has been downloaded and unit indicates to click here to relaunch, doing so does not update the Roon app. The app shuts downs and fails to relaunch. Upon relaunch, the same message is presented.

A possibly related issue is skipping tracks in Tidal. I was able to use the Tidal desktop app on the Mac without skipping. I am able to play Qobuz without track skipping within Roon. So there is a Tidal/Roon issue playing tracks. I suspect the failure to update may be the problem.

Thanks for your help!

The current Roon version is Build 610 and your Nucleus shows Build 571. Also, there was a RoonOS update (to Build 227) about two weeks ago. Do you know if your Nucleus updated then?
I don’t know if either of these issues are related to your skipping issue. But it’s good to have all versions of Roon running on the same, and most current version of software.
Are you running Roon on any other endpoints (like a phone or tablet)? You can make the updates by going to Settings>About.

Hello Scott, Thank you for the advice! I was able to update Nucleus+ to the latest version. Also, my iPad is running the latest Roon version: 1.7 build 610. After updating Nucleus+ the skipping in Tidal has stopped. However, my Mac is stuck at Roon version 1.7 build 571. When I go into Settings/About I see under This Mac downloading is happening. Then I get a message to Click Here to Relaunch. But doing so shuts the Roon app down and it does not relaunch. When I manually relaunch it the same thing happens. Any ideas on how to get the Roon app on the Mac to complete the update? Thanks.

I suppose you have tried rebooting the Mac? That’s the first thing in these cases.
If that fails, I’d download the Roon MacOSX software directly from the website:
Load that manually after a fresh reboot. If that doesn’t do it, the Roon Support guys may need to give you more advanced instructions.

1 Like

Yes, I have tried multiple reboots. Should I delete the MacOSX software installed first or install over it?

Just install over it

OK, Thanks!

Scott, I just installed it and everything is fine. I have the latest versions for the Mac and for the Nucleus+. And no skipping in Tidal! Thanks for your help!

1 Like

That’s great to hear! Glad you are back in action.

1 Like

Hi @Warren_Shaw,

It sounds like @grossmsj’s suggestion resolved the issue here!
Do let us know if you have any other Roon difficulties and we can certainly take another look if so!

OK, Thanks! So far everything looks and sounds fine.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.