MacOS 10.14 (BETA) and Roon

I am an Apple developer and I have a machine that I test on now running MacOS Mojave. Roon will not start because the OS is preventing it from running due to the fact that the application wants to use accessibly features.

I was wondering what accessibly features is it trying to use? I do not remember being asked about that before.

NOTE FYI really…

Interesting…I too am an AD and will no doubt want to be doing some testing with Mojave and iOS 12…might even throw TVOS beta into that mix.

@support hoping you guys have some apple beta testing going on too.

I have the same problem with MacOS Mojave.
Let me know if you need some logs, traces, etc.

The app seems to be working fine in iOS 12.

Cheers
Johan

No idea… Does it say what? Any logs would be appreciated.

Not until much later betas. It’s a waste of time in early betas.

I will grab some stuff for you when I get back to the machine.

You should not waste time on this now… Could just be a bug.

I would argue that it is not a waste of time to test betas of new major macOS releases. What @Bob_Fairbairn1 found is exactly why I say that. If Apple changed something that will affect Roon, it may very well show up with the early betas and would give your engineers the most time to address it.

Every release of MacOS betas has failed to run Roon on the first 1-3 beta releases. Then on the final beta, it runs fine, with zero work from us.

We do run the betas, just not the first few releases. Those are truly a waste of time.

1 Like

I had the same experience (.i.e. access to accessibility) . Not just with Roon but a few apps. I’m also seeing an occasional crash on startup with Roon and sending in the crash reports.

roon is working perfectly well on mojave. i’m on an imac pro.

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: Roon crashing on Mojave B3