macOS Catalina interface laggy randomly while running Roon (High GPU usage randomly, Roon idle 20% GPU, sometimes up to 99% usage) [Resolved in Roon 1.8]

Hi @noris please pass this feedback through the members of your team.

Nowadays given the global situation we spend more and more hours working in our computers, more and more hours using Roon.

Today has been particularly frustrating we really need to get this issue fixed as the software usability is highly compromised, it is highly disappointing for me to have to eventually switch to Audirvana (which I don’t like) as if I don’t (almost) count my clicks in Roon my GPU hits 100% which is NOT healthy for my machine that ironically I bought to run Roon’s beautify interface in full screen…

I will not complain about metadata or trivial stuff you get so many requests about, this is something real about software design and functionality that could even compromise the hardware (potentially), as well I am not willing to pay extra on my energy bill as the 100% GPU usage will come at 300W hour, against the normal 40W… it makes me wonder if there is a real leak or something… sometimes these computers from all of us the affected ones behave like if someone was mining on us (CPU and GPU)…

Is there a way you can escalate this to have higher priority (most of software companies will react to a situation as this) I don’t know the company hierarchy honestly, I know @danny is high in the hierarchy so he may be willing to help, please release even a beta, any beta will behave better than this current Roon version for Mac users.

Not to mention the high CPU issues/reports you constantly get as well, which seems to have no resolution since 1.7 came out (nov 2019)… once again real software functionality issue, not metadata or display or trivial thing… I would say this has even higher priority than any streaming integration issue.

Please Assistance, can’t even conceive the fact of been having this issue for more months. I strongly believe in your product and consider Roon is the best option in the market without any discussion, but need help to address this bad issue.
Thanks.

1 Like