Macos catalina, manually exporting .xml from itunes to the watched dir, roon seemingly not reading from it

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

imac, macos 10.15.2, roon 1.7
Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

N/A
Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

N/A
Description Of Issue

I noticed my playlist-of-playlists, i.e. all tracks I have in any itunes playlist, has fewer tracks in roon than in itunes. Sorting within roon by date added, the latest entry is from august. I.e. roon playlists from itunes aren’t being updated.
Itunes in Catalina has problems, including not exporting .xml files automatically.
So I exported a new one, put it into the dir roon is watching for itunes (/macbt/itunes), deleted the other .xml file there so the new on is the only one in place.
Restarted roon.
So sign of it rereading the .xml file, and still the playlists are out of date.
Thoughts welcome.

Hi @Peter_Galvin1,

Since making this change have you tried re-scanning the watched folder where this XML file is located?

I restarted roon. Forgot that force rescan also looks for the .xml.
Forcing a rescan seems to have solved it. Thanks!

1 Like

Hi @Peter_Galvin1,

Thanks for the update! I’m glad that worked for you. Since the file names are the same Roon might not have picked up on the change right away until the rescan, so I’m glad that did the trick for you. Please feel free to reach out with any other questions or issues. Happy listening :headphones:

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.