MacOS media keys in 511 not working for Live Radio stations

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

AudioLinux - 1.7 511

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Wired

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

I2S

Description Of Issue

Media keys in 1.7 505 worked normally for me with Catalina 10.15.2.

Since updating client to 511, pause works to pause playback in Roon but pressing the same key again to resume play brings up Mac Music app. This is only a problem with Live Radio stations playing. No issue with local or Tidal tracks.

Hi @Larry_Post — Thanks for letting us know. I’ve passed this information along to the team to investigate and will follow up as soon as I have their feedback.

Update

I’ve confirmed with the team that this is currently the expected behavior since you don’t actually “Pause” Live Radio, but instead stop the stream. We are investigating options for improving this, but I can’t make any guarantees or provide timelines at the moment. We appreciate the feedback!

Ok, but pause/stop is working…it’s the resume/play that is not. It was so functional in prior versions.

Thanks

This one keeps nagging me every time I wish to resume play while working.

Was this change intentional or perhaps an unforeseen consequence of another change or update?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.