Make Focus an "OR" operation instead of "AND"

I think they did not any test, was blended from the new UI. No, everything is ok, but I was really, or are, frustrated as I have since 2 years some different issues with roon as I have a large library. I would like to ne a beta testet as I use roon maybe in another way then others. However, we have to wait for bugfixes and I‘m sure it goes a feew weeks till I can use roon like I did before

You know a release is a disaster when many users are ok with their own opinion that the company did no testing of their software. It’s mind blowing. I work on an app with a user base 200x the size of Roon and if any of a number of these issues released, I’d be fired and so would my mgr. This software was at least weeks away from a professional release not bearing a beta tag.

2 Likes

haven’t have the chance to really test focus until now… it is ridiculous, it is not something changed that is a bug… 1.8 bookmarks/focus filter bug - Filters configured as bookmarks are not working showing 0 results - #2 by BlackJack

just can’t believe it… this is a joke:

so focus is now broken… now WHAT? waiting 1 or 2 months for a new release as Roon is only updated every 1 or 2 months?

this is not for “Roon software” forum section… this is an issue it should be in support… nobody really looks at these sections of BLAHH in this forum, they do in support.

I have 3758 albums in my library. I use a custom tag to also keep track of my albums in Collectorz.com. I use a custom tag to identify an album in my library that has also been entered into Collectorz.com. All 3758 albums (minus a few I added this week) should be tagged as in Collectorz.com. Roon reports only 1795 albums with the Collectorz tag. Almost 2000 albums have lost their tags. Now I’m wondering if any of my other tags are working properly.

Tags definitely working differently…previously selecting multiple tags would show all content from the combined tags whereas now it appears as though the content has to be tagged in all the categories to be displayed. Many of my bookmarks no longer work either as they relied on multiple tags.

Fails on discoverability.
You look at the UI, without reading the manual (guys don’t read manuals), how do you figure out one, two, three clicks?

If they make Focus an “OR” operation they’ll have to rename it Blur won’t they?

4 Likes

Just select ‘- Classical’ in Focus by first selecting Classical, then tapping it again to become ‘- Classical’, then all non-Classical albums will appear.

Your genial comment is the only good thing that happened since the 1.8 went live!

We are looking into a quick fix for this. We have some ideas.

22 Likes

Please seriously consider in the feature adding some way to set this by any focus criteria and value in any possible combination. This will fix the issue once and for all.

It’s always been one click to get to “NOT”, since day one. Why the problem with another click?

1 Like

I also am a user of the “Tag A OR Tag B” functionality.
I would like to see this back please.

2 Likes

Appreciate it, very important broken feature.

That’s great news

Why not two? Or three?

The problem is discoverability, there is nothing in the user interface that indicates that it works that way, and it is not a common convention on Windows, MacOS, iOS or Android.

Right click was not discoverable, but Microsoft had the clout to make it known and accepted across the entire platform.

1 Like

And then those that are starting to like the AND functionality will want that back. An so this will never end…

The solution is to have the possibility to chose any of them in any combination. Some other guys with some other company with some other roon like applications, they understood this from their very beginning…

3 Likes

I’ve been pulling my hair our trying to figure out how to do what I’ve ALWAYS done in Roon, which is pick one or two genres and shuffle everything in those genres. It’s broken as all hell, because I can only focus on one genre at a time (why why why???) and it only shuffles a small portion of my library.

So two of my most common uses for Roon are now utterly broken. I like a lot about the new Roon - I really do - and I was massively excited. It’s way snappier and more responsive. But to inexplicably break basic functionality is just beyond me.

And sorry, but what is with the purple? Of all colors to choose…purple? :-/

5 Likes