Manually adding ffmpeg does not work

Hi @Chris_Jenkin1,
I was away on the weekend, but already noticed your post. Being home again, I checked with my QNAP once more and could not identify an issue.

So to get to the bottom of the issue, could you check the file RoonOnNAS.log.txt which is inside of the RoonOnNAS folder of your selected database storage folder?
There should be an entry for the used ffmpeg version. On my log file I could read the following:

############### Used FFMPEG Version ##############
ffmpeg version 4.4.1-static https://johnvansickle.com/ffmpeg/ Copyright (c) 2000-2021 the FFmpeg developers built with gcc 8 (Debian 8.3.0-6) configuration: --enable-gpl --enable-version3 --enable-static --disable-debug --disable-ffplay --disable-indev=sndio --disable-outdev=sndio --cc=gcc --enable-fontconfig --enable-frei0r --enable-gnutls --enable-gmp --enable-libgme --enable-gray --enable-libaom --enable-libfribidi --enable-libass --enable-libvmaf --enable-libfreetype --enable-libmp3lame --enable-libopencore-amrnb --enable-libopencore-amrwb --enable-libopenjpeg --enable-librubberband --enable-libsoxr --enable-libspeex --enable-libsrt --enable-libvorbis --enable-libopus --enable-libtheora --enable-libvidstab --enable-libvo-amrwbenc --enable-libvpx --enable-libwebp --enable-libx264 --enable-libx265 --enable-libxml2 --enable-libdav1d --enable-libxvid --enable-libzvbi --enable-libzimg libavutil 56. 70.100 / 56. 70.100 libavcodec 58.134.100 / 58.134.100 libavformat 58. 76.100 / 58. 76.100 libavdevice 58. 13.100 / 58. 13.100 libavfilter 7.110.100 / 7.110.100 libswscale 5. 9.100 / 5. 9.100 libswresample 3. 9.100 / 3. 9.100 libpostproc 55. 9.100 / 55. 9.100
##################################################

It indicates it uses the ffmpeg binary which is located in the RoonOnNAS/bin folder of your selected database folder.

The version should also be indicated in the Roon Server web ui on QNAP when hovering over “ffmpeg: User supplied Version”:

When using an external ssd, there should be no difference in the process.

To my knowledge, there is no issue with ffmpeg on QTS 5. But there are indeed issues with the latest build of Roon Server, which is currently being investigated by the Roon team.

1 Like