linksys wrt 1900 ac router
ethernet
nord vpn

Connected Audio Devices

rme adi 2 dac fs over usb

Number of Tracks in Library

29652 tracks

Description of Issue

i have a lot of tracks banned (like the instrumental versions at the end of kpop albums) so they don’t play automatically. but when i try to actually play one manually roon completely crashes. just closes instantly after pressing play.

this didn’t used to happen. i used to be able to play them manually even if they were banned but i’m not sure what build this crash thing started happening on since i only noticed it today. i just updated to roon desktop app 2.0 (build 1143). but it happened on the previous build right before i updated too. i only updated after the first crash then tested again after update and it still happened again.

i tried with multiple different banned tracks from different albums with different bit depth and sample rates. all crash roon in exactly the same way.

if i use roon remote for android on my phone to try to manually play a banned track it just won’t play but at least it doesn’t crash the pc app/core or the android app.

would love to see this bug fixed so let me know if u need any more info that i didn’t think of or if i should upload logs after making it crash like this again. thanks!

Hi Stanicballerina,

I just banned several tracks, both local and from streaming services, queued them all and was able to play them from both my PC client and my android one.

I would reboot the server as a first step. Try testing it without NORD VPN active.

2 Likes

It does seem to be fixed for me too now which is great! Unfortunately I don’t know what I did to fix it if it was just on my end. But thanks for your reply to remind me to check again! If it ever causes a crash again I’ll try to remember to save a copy of logs and post here but hopefully it will just keep working.

1 Like

Great to hear. I’m marking this closed for the moment. If you need to re-open it just send me a PM.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.