Many 'New' tracks/albums found at every Roon startup on AudioLinux

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

AudioLInux 3.1/AMD 1700x processor/1.7(511)

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Wired

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

from Core - IS2 to DAC

Description Of Issue

Every restart of Roon (force rescan of the single storage location will do it too), new local files are found but they aren’t new. It’s not the same files each time but different tracks that were already in the database. ~300-700 tracks each time or more but only a few albums show in Overview. DB has ~46000 tracks. Analysis runs on an approximate same number as well. And in Library Maintenance there is a similar number of deleted files to remove. Strange. System and db have been completely stable for several months at least, since created from scratch after leaving Tidal for Qobuz.

Something is out of whack. System has been working fine with no changes. I first noticed this behavior 3-4 days ago and thought it would stop or complete…it has not. Otherwise, music plays without issue.

Storage is via CIFS share hosted by Windows 10 machine also on the wired network.

Thanks

Is there a cache that I need to clear on the server?

Hi @Larry_Post,

We are aware of a few similar reports when using AudioLinux and have a ticket regarding this behavior:

I can’t say if this is exactly the same issue, but it does seem like it could be related. Is there any chance you could try an older kernel or a different OS while we investigate this issue?

Yes, it completely slipped my mind, I updated the kernel/new OS build 5.4.5-rt3-1-rt. This did not occur on 4.18 kernel.

the linked issue appears to be the same as I’m experiencing.

1 Like

Has the tech team been able to reproduce? Is the only alternative to go back to 4.19 kernel?

Hi @Larry_Post,

For now the alternative is to go back to the older kernel version, yes.

I don’t believe QA has had a chance to do this yet, but I just pinged them to ask for a status update on this ticket. Once there’s new information to share I will update the main thread, thanks!

Much appreciated

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.