Marantz Cinema Line [HEOS] - When is it Roon Ready?

I started to see posts of newer Marantz units showing “uncertified” in roon and decided to take a look at my setup. Looks like Marantz might be moving the whole heos platform to to RR. Pretty exciting to see my older pm7000n may make the cut.

1 Like

We don’t know - there has been no official response as yet from Roon Labs as to why this message has stated appearing (I’ve asked).

It could simply be an unintended consequence of the latest release of HEOS firmware.

It makes me wonder that there are rumours about Roon Ready for D+M units in the last weeks and today I see my two Marantz units as (uncertified) Roon Ready in audio settings. A coincidence?

A certification would be stunning and with DSD native support it would be absolutely stunning. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I watched a training video from marantz last year where theily mentioned they were working on roon ready for heos.

what happens if you click “enable?”

This:

2 Likes

Until M&D announce something it’s all just speculation however …

3 Likes

For those that have their devices show up as uncertified, did your device drop from “tested”. My marantz devices previously showed up as tested device but now they live in the “other devices” section for airplay along with uncertified roon ready. My poor pm7000n is listed as 3 devices, uncertified rr, other, and squeeze. Bit of an identity crises.

1 Like

My 2 Denons also showing as Roon Ready Uncertified. I read somewhere that this is a HEOS bug, though.

https://community.roonlabs.com/t/denon-avr-x1700h-shows-roon-ready-uncertified-message/259567/3?u=wklie

By the way, for those who don’t know, Denon and Marantz are the same family in both hardware and firmware.

There are multiple similar threads for Denon and Marantz 40n. Perhaps moderators may consider merging all those Denon and Marantz Roon Ready threads.

1 Like

All four of my HEOS speakers and three receivers are uncertified after updating HEOS app and roon. Unfortunately there does not appear to be any method to enable them on settings → audio. My question: how could previously certified products (six different models) all suddenly become uncertified over night? And is there a way to bypass this? Suddenly my library is useless and I cannot use roon.

They were never Roon Ready certified.

Roon Tested is a different thing.

2 Likes

No that is completely incorrect. What’s been added is for them to be Roon Ready which is currently uncertified and will be in due course. This does not affect how it previously worked which is via Airplay and is still available this is Roon Tested and now all Denon /Marantz gear has worked with Roon. Do you not see these they should still be available in your zone picker? If not show you audio settings menu for Roon.

I was going to hold off on letting the Denon firmware update after I read some threads on a few issues, have mine set to prompt before proceeding, but I decided to let it go when the reminder prompt came up.

The only change I see is the addition of the Roon Ready zone option (Uncertified) in the audio setup. The entry under Other network devices for airplay did not get flagged as Uncertified and I’m guessing that is because it was not enabled. I use the HDMI zone connection for stereo and multi-channel playback and it still works the same.

I’m excited about this Roon Ready feature with the AVR and what that will provide. Perhaps multi-channel via Ethernet and Native DSD. One can only hope. Guess we will see.

2 Likes

I agree - I still have my Denon AirPlay connection “active” under the Audio zone picker, so that is not broken at all.

I didn’t even think about that … that would be awesome. I wonder if any other receivers do this that are actually certified Roon Ready today.

Airplay devices do not get certified in the first place.Nothing had changed in any pre-existing setup.

There is rumour of the AVRs having multichannel on ASR forum which would be a first I believe. But it’s all rumours.

2 Likes

I sure he means Roon Tested which they do go through that for D&M stuff.

As I recall, there was a Roon Tested entry for the Denon prior to the firmware update that was for Airplay (not enabled). Seems the entry has moved to Other network devices. But I have slept since then.