Marantz Cinema Line [HEOS] - When is it Roon Ready?

Hi there,

will the cinema line ever become roon ready? roon tested is not really an option for me. Thank you very much.

Roon do not announce future Roon Ready products or timing, but it will certainly be up to Marantz to develop any Roon Ready work to become certified

Generally we work on the principal of never buy anything based on future promises.

1 Like

Denon & Marantz receivers and processors are Roon Tested and as far I know, there is no plans to make them Roon Ready. If you need a Room Ready receiver, then look at another options like from ARCAN, JBL, AudioControl, Anthem and NAD.

Aftter the recent update of Heos, my Marantz Cinema 50 is shown on Roon Ready section but after activate it, warn me that still is not ready.

Perhaps we could get a Roon Ready Certification in a near future.

Looking at my Roon audio devices tonight and a new thing showed up in the list I havenā€™t seen before under Roon Ready: Denon AVR-X1700H ā€˜Uncertifiedā€™

Previously it showed up as (I believe) ā€˜Roon Testedā€™ only. Anyone have any ideas what changed with Denon? Thanks.

Looking at my Roon audio devices tonight and a new thing showed up in the list I havenā€™t seen before under Roon Ready: Denon AVR-X1700H ā€˜Uncertifiedā€™

Previously it showed up as (I believe) ā€˜Roon Testedā€™ only. Anyone have any ideas what changed with Denon? Thanks.

1 Like

I imagine Marantz and Denon would be reluctant to go full roon ready given they have their own Heos architecture which while not a direct comparison is still a multi zone streaming platform.

If they are gearing up for it, that would be a bit of a game changer for me as I am looking forward to the release of the Cinema 30 and that would probably seal it for meā€¦

I just now saw a comment related to this in another thread for Denon/Marantz receivers (apparently due to recent HEOS update). Okay - Iā€™ll wait and see what happens (fingers crossed we actually get Roon Ready certification on Denon AVRs).

This happens when the manufacturer includes the RAAT SDK in the firmware. If it has not gone through the Roon Ready certification, then it will show as Uncertified and users will not be able to use it, until the certification is completed.

3 Likes

My Denon AVR-X8500H was current on Firmware as of yesterday and still working as Roon Tested when I read the thread on issues with the certification. Had a prompt last night to update the firmware. Decided to skip the updates until this is resolved. Iā€™m hopeful for the Roon Ready certification but want the AVR to continue working as it has until the process is complete.

Bluesound does not seem to have a problem supporting Roon Ready (well, other than breaking software ever so often), so why not HEOS?

1 Like

Given that HEOS, is now reporting as a Roon Ready device albeit uncertified ā€¦ they must be working towards getting Roon Ready certification.

Watch this space I guess.

1 Like

Its not going to break anything, there are no issues its just not certified which is pretty common if they add the functionality to firmware before you just cant use it. It wont change anything else for Roon Tested. Likely they are close to getting the range through as a lot of models are now showing it.

Thanks Peter for your information. Happy Lumin customer. Hope the Denon includes the Roon certified functionality.

1 Like

Rumor is that Marantz/Denon will be making a big announcement on December 20th (from audioholics). Maybe then we will finally see Roon certification

It at least say itā€™s in the process of being certified. As been radio silence from Roon on it I imagine some embargo until after. Itā€™s very big news indeed to have Marantz/Denon fully onboard.

Are you referring to this article ? As this only mentions their own live stream nothing about Marantz announcement on the 20th or did I miss it?

1 Like

I am referring to this. On audio science review and AVS forum, some members were speculating that Roon certification (as well as further enhancements of Dirac) will be announced at this meeting, since Massimo made references to streaming improvements in their announcement. We shall see.

Yep, seeing the same thing with my 3700. Would love this to become ā€œcertifiedā€!

They updated Heos app itā€™self but the fact so many units are showing uncertified Roon Ready it seems likely. We live in hope.

1 Like

Hope indeed! And letā€™s hope they enable control of multiple amp zones. This could be a game changer for those of us that have stuck by Marantz and Denon over the years as HEOS was released and failed to fill the gap left for us by the demise of squeeze players vs Sonos ā€¦