Marantz Model 40n

Guys, this appeared on my roon remote app. Sounds like good news or what ?
Should I try it or just wait more ?
Any thoughts ?
Thanks

There is no official announcement, so I’d wait until there is.

Ok so I guess I can hope for some good news in the near future, right ?
Thanks Rugby !

In the meantime perhaps consider running a server via Linux on your NUC and adding RHEOS as an extension via docker. You’ll get great control of your Marantz 40 and 192Hz playback …

I know it’s tinkering but this has become quite stable and is almost ready for general release.

The model 40 is really a very nice amp and it’s frustrating to see it not ROON ready. But of course this may be happening … time will tell if our wait is over!

2 Likes

2nd Peter as I use Rheos with my Model 40n.

2 Likes

Peter’s extension is fabulous. Love it!

2 Likes

So this showed up in Audio Devices yesterday.

Screenshot 2023-12-19 at 7.32.12 PM

So does this mean there is a chance the 40n will get certified for ROON?

2 Likes

I moved your post to the broader Model 40n thread which is discussing the same topic.

See here:

https://community.roonlabs.com/t/marantz-cinema-line-heos-when-is-it-roon-ready/243953/46?u=geoff_coupe

1 Like

Any news on roon readiness on this amp? I’m very interested in buying it, and this could be on of the deciding factors. Thanks!

Roon do not comment on the status of Roon Ready . It tends not to age well.
Most suppliers tend not to at the moment either as the bugs at the end can be hard to track down.
There are many users wanting RR for Marantz.

The Roon Ready devices that appeared a couple of months ago but were uncertified have disappeared over the past days.

What this means we don’t know - perhaps progress or perhaps there’s more work to be done.

I’ll continue to support RHEOS while there’s a need.

3 Likes

The Duet was my entrance point to the world of streaming.

2 Likes

I noticed that as well.

I still have a couple in the basement …

1 Like