Marking Favorite Tracks

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Windows 10/HP Workstation/Roon 1.8 latest version

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Ethernet/Cat-6A/Netgear switch

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

USB DAC (T+A PDP3000HV) and Apple iPad Air (4th gen)

Description Of Issue

Using my iPad as my controller, when I pull up a queue of the music I’ve selected, the “hearts” are present but unresponsive. I can only designate at track as a favorite by pulling up the album containing that track and clicking on the heart in that view. Is this correct, expected behavior?

Thank you in advance…

Hi @Lon_Baugh! This could be connected to the library/non-library issue. You can only “heart” a library version of a track. A track can be in your library… but that does not mean you have that library version in a playlist or in your queue… so, you can’t “heart” it there. When, however, you go to My Library > Tracks or you go via Album view, you can find the library version there and “heart” it there. Complicated? Yes. Too complicated? Yes.
If you want to know the details: Solve the library/non-library conundrum and all the complexities it creates for tagging, focus, playlists etc

Hi Francois,
Thank you for your reply. I only have library versions, as I do no stream any music through this system in which I’m utilizing Roon; all of the music in my library are from my ripped CD’s/SACD’s and purchased downloads. So, there must be some other reason why I can’t “heart” in the music queue…

Thanks again,
Lon

I am having a similar issue on my iMAC remote. It is not constant, but happens often enough. It is strange because I haven’t been ablate find a pattern yet. I put in a support request for it already Hearting a song in the queue does not fill in the heart icon

Interesting (and annoying). I can’t reproduce it. When I play an album from my ripped CDs, I can heart the tracks in the Playing Now screen or the queue from each of my three remotes (Windows 10 desktop, Windows 10 laptop, iPhone).

Hey @Francois_De_Heel,

Thanks so much for reporting this - we appreciate it. And sorry about the trouble. I wanted to extend an apology for our delay - it’s been much longer than we had hoped :pleading_face:

I was wondering if, in the past two weeks you’ve still experienced this behavior? If so, have you noticed any patterns?

Rebeka,

Yes. The behavior I described in my original post (above) on April 5 is consistent. One must go to the album track view to click the heart to designate a favorite. Even though the heart icon appears active in the music queue view, it is not. If it is not to be selectable, I recommend that it needs to be displayed in such a manner as to not cause confusion or merely not displayed. If it is supposed to be selectable in the queue view, then it is not operating correctly, as I described above.