Match all and Match any on personal Tags

1st use case: AND function for personal tags

I live in Belgium, so I am specially interested in belgian artists. (one can fill in one’s own country)
Therefore I add a Tag called ‘belgisch’ to the artists and to the albums of these artists.
I have 50 albums of belgian artists in My Library.

Now I also like female singers, so I add a personal Tag called ‘Female Singer’

Now I want to select the albums of the belgian artists with a female singer.
This is the result: 1340 albums

Other example:
I am living in the Dutch speaking part of Belgium, called Flandres. This means I have an interest in artists singing in Dutch. But in the Netherlands, there speaking Dutch too.

So if I want to select the albums of belgian artists singing in Dutch, this is what I get:
81 albums instead of < 50 belgian albums.

Other example:
I use a personal Tag called New for recent albums, i.e. released in the last 2 years (moving target - now 2020-2021) I have not listened to yet.
If again I want to combine that with Dutch spoken (“Nederlandstalig”) albums, I definitely do not get what I aim for:

2nd use case: OR function for Focus (eventually combined with Personal Tags)
I would like to see in a simple way Female Blues and Folk Singers.

Starting with Focus on Blues and Folk I get:

whilst I have 386 Folk albums and 487 blues albums.

Adding a personal tag ‘Female Singer’ makes things only worse, resulting in 17 albums:

Here the AND function is executed instead of the desired OR function is this case.

Now, if I try to work around this, and I first Focus on Blues only, and then combine that with my personal Tag ‘Female Singer’

I am not aware that Duane Allman is a female singer , and nor are a lot of others in this result.
Again, an OR function is executed, instead of the desired AND function in this case.

I hope this ‘simple examples’ are clarifying/supporting this feature suggestion.
Dirk

1 Like